ARCHIVE CIOB competition terms and conditions
THIS COMPETITION HAS CLOSED
- The judges’ decision is final and not subject to appeal. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Designing Buildings Ltd (DBL) reserves the right to present no prizes or commendations or to reduce the number of prizes and commendations if an insufficient number of deserving articles is received.
- All articles considered by the judging panel to be of a sufficiently high standard will be added to the main site at the end of the competition.
- Articles added to the main site at the end of the competition will be unprotected by DBL so that they can be edited by others.
- DBL reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to use names and information about participants without obtaining further consent from the participant or providing any payment whatsoever to the participant for any commercial or non-commercial endeavours, publicity, advertising, trade or promotion in perpetuity.
- DBL reserves the right to modify the format and content of articles for publication purposes.
- Subject to ownership rights of any third parties, all intellectual property rights subsisting in any articles added to the main site shall vest in and be owned by DBL.
- DBL will not be responsible or liable for any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in submitting entries to the competition.
- DBL will not be responsible or liable for any costs, problems, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to the participants resulting from their participation in the competition.
- DBL reserves the right to disqualify any participant that it determines is directly or indirectly tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition and/or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these terms and conditions.
- Entry to the competition is deemed an acceptance of DBL’s terms and conditions of use as posted on the website.
- Articles may reference (and hyperlink) other sources, but must not plagiarise them. Quotes and references must be clearly marked throughout the article. Any form of plagiarism may result in disqualification. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that their article does not infringe the copyright of any third party (including the use of images) or any other laws.
- Articles may only be submitted online following the instructions provided.
- DBL is responsible for administering this competition. The Chartered Institute of Building is responsible for awarding the first prize.
- Late entries may be added to Designing Buildings Wiki by DBL, but will not be considered by the judges as part of this competition.
Featured articles and news
Green paper published for consultation.
Mental health issues effect 80% of construction workers. Read our interview with the founders of a new wellbeing initiative.
Would Stephenson be disappointed by the lack of progress on the high speed transport of Hyperloop?
The immersive pop-up cinema experience that could revolutionise on-site health and safety training.
5 out of 10 filtering facepieces fail HSE tests.
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
What are the innovative business models of the future, and how to incentivise supply chains to work on a whole life basis?