- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About ConSIG CWG
A collaborative group aimed at improving quality within the construction industry.
Institute / association
United KingdomWebsite Email
The Construction Special Interest Group, Competency Working Group (ConSIG CWG) of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) is a group of construction representatives including consultants, contractors, subcontractors and client organisations who are committed to working collaboratively to improve quality across the Construction Industry with specific focus on elements related to competency.
The articles published on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- 5 Whys
- Annex SL
- Assurance and self-certification
- Auditing management systems
- Building completion
- CDM Regulations: a quality perspective
- Change control: a quality perspective
- Checking and approval in design - a quality management perspective
- Collaboration: a quality management perspective
- Cost of quality.
- Design freeze: a quality perspective
- Design: a quality management perspective
- Digital quality management in construction
- Failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA)
- How to check certification (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 45001, UKAS etc.)
- How to Write an Inspection & Test Plan
- Inspection & Test Plan
- Lifts and Escalators: A Quality Perspective
- Mobilisation to site: a quality perspective
- Quality Checklist
- Quality culture and behaviours
- Quality management systems (QMS) - beyond the documentation.
- Quality manuals and quality plans
- Quality tools: fishbone diagram
- Stakeholder management: a quality perspective
- Structural steelwork: a quality perspective
- The importance of welding assurance
- Temporary Works Design - A Quality Management Perspective
- Why should quality be important to the construction industry
Please visit www.consig.org for further information.
Featured articles and news
An overview of the current state of the market.
Organisation offers best practices for construction and modification.
Heritage on the edge?
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.