- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About ConSIG CWG
A collaborative group aimed at improving quality within the construction industry.
Institute / association
United KingdomWebsite Email
The Construction Special Interest Group, Competency Working Group (ConSIG CWG) of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) is a group of construction representatives including consultants, contractors, subcontractors and client organisations who are committed to working collaboratively to improve quality across the construction industry with specific focus on elements related to competency.
The articles published on Designing Buildings Wiki include:
- 5 Whys
- Annex SL
- Assurance and self-certification
- Auditing management systems
- Building completion
- CDM Regulations: a quality perspective
- Change control: a quality perspective
- Collaboration: a quality management perspective
- Design freeze: a quality perspective
- Design: a quality management perspective
- Digital quality management in construction
- Failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA)
- How to Write an Inspection & Test Plan
- Inspection & Test Plan
- Lifts and Escalators: A Quality Perspective
- Mobilisation to site: a quality perspective
- Quality culture and behaviours
- Quality manuals and quality plans
- Quality tools: fishbone diagram
- Stakeholder management: a quality perspective
- Structural steelwork: a quality perspective
- The importance of welding assurance
- Why should quality be important to the construction industry
Please visit www.consig.org for further information.
Featured articles and news
Bamboo pavilion built at London South Bank Uni.
Bringing in an expert.
Why the lowest price isn't sustainable.
The Most Economically Advantageous Tender.
Pipe dream or possibility?
The New Rules of Measurement.
Prioritising Sustainable Development Goals on projects.
The Architects Registration Board.
How BSRIA monitored the performance of new homes.