- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 20 Nov 2020
UK Contractors’ Group
The UKCG worked collaboratively with other industry bodies to ensure its voice was heard by government and society and to provide leadership for a vibrant, valued and more diverse construction industry.
Its principal activities were to:
- Promote the importance of construction to the UK economy and society and to help establish the best possible business conditions for the construction industry.
- Encourage members to work together to lead change in the industry and spread best practice.
- Work with other industry groups to speak with a common voice on industry issues.
- Regenerating local communities.
- Providing local employment opportunities.
- Delivering a green economy.
- Improving health and wellbeing of local communities.
- Adopting the highest ethical standards.
- Delivering the Considerate Contructors Scheme.
On 25 June 2015, the UK Contractors’ Group and National Specialist Contractors Council (NSCC) confirmed that they would merge to create Build UK, ‘…a strong collective voice for the contracting supply chain in construction’.
This followed calls from the government for a single, unified voice from the construction industry, combined with an increasing realisation that the UKCG and NSCC held similar positions in a number of key areas.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Significant changes to BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 announced.
Students available for administrative roles.
Delisting a World Heritage Site.
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.