- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 27 Feb 2020
Rights over land
Rights over land include:
- Rights of entry - allowing an authorised person or authority to enter land.
- Easements - granting the owner of neighbouring land a right such as a right of way or right of light. For more information see: Easements.
- Wayleaves - a right of way to transport minerals extracted from land over another’s land, or to lay pipes or cables over or under another’s land. For more information see: Wayleaves.
- Profits à prendreare - rights to take produce from another’s land, such as to extract minerals.
Featured articles and news
A guide to daylight design for commercial buildings.
Two opposite approaches to cost estimating that can work together.
BSRIA reports on propsects for the US construction industry.
ECA research shows lack of preparation amongst survey respondents.
Smart mapping approaches for building better infrastructure.
The importance of emergency planning.
Eight forms of resource optimisation.
CIOB responds to Chancellor Sunak's announcement on jobs and the economy.
Revised guide to competition rules available.
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
An innovative engineering approach could have had tragic consequence for NYC.
Some secrets behind how canals work.