- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Feb 2015
Patterns: Ground Source Energy
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced on Designing Buildings Wiki with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns: Ground Source Energy was published in 2008.
The contents are:
- Ground energy options. By James Dickinson.
- Closing the loop. By Alan Shepherd.
- Massive Milanese scheme uses ground water cooling/heating. By Steve Williamson.
- To bore or not to bore? By Mark Owen.
- Paper merchant pushes for water/water heat pump. By Edith Blennerhassett.
- Complementary technologies. By Jason Gardner.
- Ground source heating and cooling study. By James Dickinson.
- Double slinky in County Kerry. By Brian Doran.
- Finding the way through labyrinths and earth tubes. By Mike Entwisle.
- Dynamic modelling benefits of Jennie Lee labyrinths. By Daniel Knott.
- A question of coupling. By David Warwick.
- Double couple at Robert Burns Museum. By Scott Baird.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 4: November 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 6: July 1990.
- Patterns 7: December 1990.
- Patterns 8: May 1991.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 10: December 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Specialist Consulting, 2007.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
New Dwelling House at Grange View.
The causes of sinkholes.
The growth of megacities.
The restoration of Big Ben
Improving fire-safety design with computer modelling.
Sound insulation testing.
Making commercial property more efficient.
SF6 is at the heart of the electrical industry.
Caring for graves and memorials at 23,000 locations.
A return to historical forms and local identities. Book review.
Black water recycling.
Opening the door to all.
The 1960s Lava lamp.