- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 07 Dec 2020
Patterns: Ground Source Energy
Considered seminal at the time, Patterns had a significant influence on engineering for several decades. Patterns is reproduced on Designing Buildings Wiki with the kind permission of Buro Happold because of its historical interest and the impact it has had on the development of engineering theory.
Patterns: Ground Source Energy was published in 2008.
The contents are:
- Ground energy options. By James Dickinson.
- Closing the loop. By Alan Shepherd.
- Massive Milanese scheme uses ground water cooling/heating. By Steve Williamson.
- To bore or not to bore? By Mark Owen.
- Paper merchant pushes for water/water heat pump. By Edith Blennerhassett.
- Complementary technologies. By Jason Gardner.
- Ground source heating and cooling study. By James Dickinson.
- Double slinky in County Kerry. By Brian Doran.
- Finding the way through labyrinths and earth tubes. By Mike Entwisle.
- Dynamic modelling benefits of Jennie Lee labyrinths. By Daniel Knott.
- A question of coupling. By David Warwick.
- Double couple at Robert Burns Museum. By Scott Baird.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Patterns 1: October 1987.
- Patterns 2: April 1988.
- Patterns 3: August 1988.
- Patterns 4: November 1988.
- Patterns 5: May 1989.
- Patterns 6: July 1990.
- Patterns 7: December 1990.
- Patterns 8: May 1991.
- Patterns 9: October 1991.
- Patterns 10: December 1991.
- Patterns 11: August 1993.
- Patterns 12: July 1997.
- Patterns 13: March 2001.
- Patterns 14: March 2005.
- Patterns: Specialist Consulting, 2007.
- Patterns 15: Autumn / Winter 2010.
- Patterns 16: Autumn / Winter 2011.
Featured articles and news
A review of achievements and disappointments.
IHBC responds to PDR and defence infrastructure development.
Final report proposes improvements for UK-wide transport infrastructure.
The decarbonisation transition has begun.
Can smart homes take care of their occupants?
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.