- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 20 Jan 2021
Draft housing strategy for London 2017
As part of his Homes for Londoners team, the deal makers will be able to use City Hall’s statutory powers, including Compulsory Purchase Orders, to secure land to unlock affordable housing opportunities.
- Beginning construction work on 90,000 new affordable homes by 2021.
- Ensuring a better deal for private renters and increasing tenancy security.
- Supporting new housing providers, including community builders.
- Helping to tackle homelessness.
- Devolving new funding powers and greater resources to City Hall to assemble land.
- Changing the Mayoral Community Infrastructure Levy to allow SME builders to pay less up front.
- Improving the skills, capacity and building methods of the industry.
“From £250 million to kick-start my plans to secure more land for new and affordable homes, to a new model and fairer deal for millions of private renters, I want to help all Londoners facing the housing crisis.
"I will use my powers and resources to their fullest extent, but the government needs to play its part too by giving London the powers and resources we need to see an even greater step change in the number of homes being built. This launch marks the start of a three-month consultation – I want as many Londoners as possible to let me know their views on how we can improve housing in London.”
The launch marks the start of a three-month consultation.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Terminology, benefits and barriers.
Electrotechnical businesses are feeling the effects of the economic slowdown.
When did they start and how many are there?
Roadmap to guide professionals in using smart technology.
Campaigning for buildings of all periods.
Meaning, understanding and implementation.
Advancing sustainable and regenerative project management.
Promised to be pragmatic and practical guidance.
Whilst replacement maybe preferred, its not always possible.
Dealing with draughts and reducing heat loss.
Managing Partner at Onyx and third gen project manager.
Expectation types, management and performance gaps.
Appointments, re-appointments and six changes a year.
New ways to manage the housing crisis.
Consortium seeks signatories for open letter by February 29.
From climate to cost to cold bridges and design flexibility.