- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Nov 2020
Development Management Procedure Order
The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure (England)) Order 2015 consolidates the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2010 and 15 subsequent amending instruments. In addition it makes a number of key changes to the process for handling the planning application process.
The 2015 order sets out the procedures that should be followed in relation to:
- Planning applications.
- Planning application consultations.
- The determination of planning applications.
- Local development orders.
- Certificates of lawful use or development.
- The maintenance of planning application registers.
Some of the main changes introduced by the Order are set out below:
- Clarification of information requirements that must accompany a planning condition (Article 27): In addition to earlier requirements, this now specifies that drawings, plans and “such particulars...as are necessary to deal with the application” must be submitted.
- Deemed discharge of planning conditions (Articles 28, 29, 30 and Schedule 6): The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 provides for the deemed discharge of planning conditions to be prescribed through a development order. Articles 28 and 29 describe the process for the discharge notice with Article 30 and Schedule 6 governing those conditions that are exempt from the deemed discharge procedure.
- Written justification for pre-commencement planning conditions (Article 35): The planning authority now must fully justify any cases where a pre-commencement condition is required.
- Variations to statutory consultation (Schedule 4): There are changes to the requirements for consultation with Natural England, Historic England, the Highways England, the Garden History Society, water and sewerage undertakers and local flood authorities.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Consultation process.
- Deemed discharge of planning conditions.
- Design and access statement.
- Highways England.
- Historic England.
- Lawful development certificate.
- Local development orders.
- Natural England.
- Planning appeal.
- Planning conditions.
- Planning permission.
 External references
Featured articles and news
BG 50 & VDI 2035 – your questions answered.
Will the way we heat homes change when winter comes ?
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?