- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Nov 2020
Development Management Procedure Order
The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure (England)) Order 2015 consolidates the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2010 and 15 subsequent amending instruments. In addition it makes a number of key changes to the process for handling the planning application process.
The 2015 order sets out the procedures that should be followed in relation to:
- Planning applications.
- Planning application consultations.
- The determination of planning applications.
- Local development orders.
- Certificates of lawful use or development.
- The maintenance of planning application registers.
Some of the main changes introduced by the Order are set out below:
- Clarification of information requirements that must accompany a planning condition (Article 27): In addition to earlier requirements, this now specifies that drawings, plans and “such particulars...as are necessary to deal with the application” must be submitted.
- Deemed discharge of planning conditions (Articles 28, 29, 30 and Schedule 6): The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 provides for the deemed discharge of planning conditions to be prescribed through a development order. Articles 28 and 29 describe the process for the discharge notice with Article 30 and Schedule 6 governing those conditions that are exempt from the deemed discharge procedure.
- Written justification for pre-commencement planning conditions (Article 35): The planning authority now must fully justify any cases where a pre-commencement condition is required.
- Variations to statutory consultation (Schedule 4): There are changes to the requirements for consultation with Natural England, Historic England, the Highways England, the Garden History Society, water and sewerage undertakers and local flood authorities.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Consultation process.
- Deemed discharge of planning conditions.
- Design and access statement.
- Highways England.
- Historic England.
- Lawful development certificate.
- Local development orders.
- Natural England.
- Planning appeal.
- Planning conditions.
- Planning permission.
 External references
Featured articles and news
The last few days, but action needed over the next decade.
80 construction leaders and companies from across the UK.
Promoting the importance of building and fire safety.
A brief run through essential training tips from a user.
A comprehensive guide from a Cohesive BIM wiki user.
From the basics to the future from our Cohesive BIM wiki.
As electrical sector feels skills shortage bite.
CIOB Academy’s course take-up inked to external factors.
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
From practice to research and the business of materials.