- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Nov 2020
Development Management Procedure Order
The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure (England)) Order 2015 consolidates the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2010 and 15 subsequent amending instruments. In addition it makes a number of key changes to the process for handling the planning application process.
The 2015 order sets out the procedures that should be followed in relation to:
- Planning applications.
- Planning application consultations.
- The determination of planning applications.
- Local development orders.
- Certificates of lawful use or development.
- The maintenance of planning application registers.
Some of the main changes introduced by the Order are set out below:
- Clarification of information requirements that must accompany a planning condition (Article 27): In addition to earlier requirements, this now specifies that drawings, plans and “such particulars...as are necessary to deal with the application” must be submitted.
- Deemed discharge of planning conditions (Articles 28, 29, 30 and Schedule 6): The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 provides for the deemed discharge of planning conditions to be prescribed through a development order. Articles 28 and 29 describe the process for the discharge notice with Article 30 and Schedule 6 governing those conditions that are exempt from the deemed discharge procedure.
- Written justification for pre-commencement planning conditions (Article 35): The planning authority now must fully justify any cases where a pre-commencement condition is required.
- Variations to statutory consultation (Schedule 4): There are changes to the requirements for consultation with Natural England, Historic England, the Highways England, the Garden History Society, water and sewerage undertakers and local flood authorities.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Consultation process.
- Deemed discharge of planning conditions.
- Design and access statement.
- Highways England.
- Historic England.
- Lawful development certificate.
- Local development orders.
- Natural England.
- Planning appeal.
- Planning conditions.
- Planning permission.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Recognising past and present role models for the future.
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.