- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Jan 2021
Containment systems for the prevention of pollution, Secondary, tertiary and other measures for industrial and commercial premises (CIRIA C736), published by CIRIA in 2014 defines biomagnification as: ‘The increase in concentration of a substance that occurs in a food chain as a consequence of persistence (cannot be broken down by environmental processes), accumulation through the food chain or the low (or non-existent) rate of internal degradation/excretion of the substance.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Deleterious materials.
- Designing to reduce the chemical, biological and radiological vulnerability of new buildings (IP 7/15).
- Fertilizer groundwater pollution.
- Planning (Hazardous Substances) Act 1990.
- Pollution Prevention Guidelines (PPGs).
- Solid and liquid contaminants risk assessments.
Featured articles and news
Counter balanced carriages that are half elevator, half train.
Understanding ethical risks and ensuring ethical behaviour.
A summary of the key announcements.
CIOB response to the Autumn budget.
Training reflects updated guidance in BSRIA BG 29/2021.
Complete list of 2021 winners now available.
Recognising past and present role models for the future.
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.