Archaeology in the built environment
This page contains a list of articles relevant to archaeology in the built environment. The list will expand as more articles are added.
- Archaeology and construction.
- Archaeological officer.
- Archaeological priority area.
- Building archaeology.
- Building archaeology and conservation.
- Building preservation notice.
- Certificate of immunity.
- Conservation areas.
- Conservation officer.
- Designated areas.
- English Heritage.
- Historic England.
- Institute of Historic Building Conservation.
- Listed buildings.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- Planning permission.
- Recording old industrial sites.
- Scheduled monuments.
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings.
- The Archaeology Data Service.
One of the IHBC’s most populous Schools, the 2019 Nottingham School will be remembered for its combination authoritative speakers, urban experiences and accessible learning, including the IHBC’s Spotlights.
A UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, has been launched, with a deadline of 8 January 2020.
The IHBC has launched two new Guidance Notes, on Retrofitting of Traditional Buildings and Climate Change and Older Buildings – Key Sources.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced the opening of the ‘Transforming Places Through Heritage’ fund, focussed on reinvigorating England’s high streets.
A race against devastation - a new exhibition chronicles the wartime work of the National Buildings Record – set up to capture a disappearing landscape.