- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Oct 2016
Affordable rented housing
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
'... let by local authorities or private registered providers of social housing to households who are eligible for social rented housing. Affordable Rent is subject to rent controls that require a rent of no more than 80% of the local market rent (including service charges, where applicable).'
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 86% of landlords have no plans to increase their rental portfolio.
- Affordable housing.
- Build to rent.
- Help to buy.
- Homes and Communities Agency.
- Housing associations.
- Housing standards review.
- Housing tenure.
- Intermediate housing.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- Right to buy.
- Shared ownership.
- The Shared Ownership and Affordable Homes Programme 2016 to 2021.
- Social housing.
- Social housing v affordable housing.
- Social rented housing.
Featured articles and news
A review of Scotland’s historic lighthouses.
Choosing the most suitable heating system.
Another year of growth, says BSRIA.
Property practices to help tenant retention.
Fire rips through HPL cladding in Bolton.
Disturbing complacency over short courses.
The new science of building engineering physics.
How new technologies and processes could impact on energy efficiency and wellbeing.
BRE launches the BREEAM Data Centres Annex Pilot.
Replacing lanterns and overthrows in Great Pulteney Street.
Will market-led regeneration work without state intervention?
The New Towns