- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Oct 2016
Affordable rented housing
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
'... let by local authorities or private registered providers of social housing to households who are eligible for social rented housing. Affordable Rent is subject to rent controls that require a rent of no more than 80% of the local market rent (including service charges, where applicable).'
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 86% of landlords have no plans to increase their rental portfolio.
- Affordable housing.
- Build to rent.
- Help to buy.
- Homes and Communities Agency.
- Housing associations.
- Housing standards review.
- Housing tenure.
- Intermediate housing.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- Right to buy.
- Shared ownership.
- The Shared Ownership and Affordable Homes Programme 2016 to 2021.
- Social housing.
- Social housing v affordable housing.
- Social rented housing.
Featured articles and news
Evaluating occupant satisfaction.
The Ancona eco-mansion
What is the cost of not getting it right first time?
The government announces a new role as part of a wider package of safety reform.
Lessons for the next UK road investment strategy.
Architectural Technology Studio 3
Construction Industry Advisory Committee CONIAC
The real impact of late payment.
How to tell which infrastructure projects will work.
The government announces the biggest change in building safety for a generation.
Key messages from the UN COP 25 conference.