- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Jan 2023
Glossary: Resilience, published by the Department for International Development in 2016, defines absorptive capacity as: ‘…the ability of a system or actors to prepare for, mitigate or prevent negative impacts, using predetermined coping responses in order to preserve and restore essential basic structures and functions. This includes coping mechanisms used during periods of shock.’
- Building Back Better: Resilience
- Building flood resilience.
- Business resilience.
- Climate change act.
- Climate resilient places.
- Designing resilient cities: a guide to good practice (EP 103).
- Engineering resilience to human threats.
- Flood resilience.
- Managing and responding to disaster.
- Property flood resilience.
- Resilient infrastructure diversity and equity scorecard.
Featured articles and news
80 construction leaders and companies from across the UK.
A brief run through essential training tips from a user.
A comprehensive guide from a Cohesive BIM wiki user.
From the basics to the future from our Cohesive BIM wiki.
As electrical sector feels skills shortage bite.
CIOB Academy’s course take-up inked to external factors.
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.