- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
PCSG is a leading built-environment consultancy and a trusted partner to some of the biggest names in the industry.
PCSG (Professional Construction Strategies Group) was formed in 2014, when PCS, ECS and Earth to Ocean came together to create a group that delivers international services to ensure the sustainability of clients’ businesses in all respects – financial, social and environmental.
- Information management and BIM
- Building systems design and delivery
- Bid management
- Environmental sustainability
- Management system documentation
- Social sustainability
- Mobilisation services
- Organisational sustainability
PCSG is at the leading edge of developing digital data strategies in the construction sector including BIM, business systems and IP solutions. PCSG Chairman Mark Bew chairs the government’s Construction BIM Task Group, charged with delivering Level 2 BIM. He is also Chairman of Building Smart (UK) Ltd, tasked with the definition and delivery of data and process interoperability standards for the built environment.
Please contact Adrian Burgess if you have any feedback or comments on the Level 2 BIM guidance in the Designing Buildings Wiki.
Articles on Designing Buildings Wiki by PCSG include:
- Step-by-step guide to using BIM on projects
- 0a: Strategic definition (business justification)
- 0b: Strategic definition (strategic brief)
- 1a: Preparation and brief (appraisals)
- 1b: Preparation and brief (brief and information requirements)
- 1c: Preparation and brief (supplier appointments)
- 2: Concept design
- 3: Developed design
- 4: Technical design
- 5: Construction
- 6: Handover and close out
- 7: In use
Featured articles and news
Tackling domestic abuse.
Disallowed costs vs. defined costs. Which is which?
Coping with the loss of local authority conservation services.
Remedial works could save the NHS £95 million a year.
One of Europe’s largest waterfront transformations.
How BIM was used to produce an information model of a home.
Skyscrapers of the future will be built of wood.
How to increase your chances of winning.
Benefits, not cost, should be the focus.
Formula E drives electric vehicle market forward.
Moorfields building sets UK pile-loading record.