- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
United KingdomWebsite Email
PCSG (Professional Construction Strategies Group) was formed in 2014, when PCS, ECS and Earth to Ocean came together to create a group that delivers international services to ensure the sustainability of clients’ businesses in all respects – financial, social and environmental. They work with clients towards a vision of ‘Infinitely Smarter Futures’.
- Information management and BIM
- Building systems design and delivery
- Bid management
- Environmental sustainability
- Management system documentation
- Social sustainability
- Mobilisation services
- Organisational sustainability
PCSG is at the leading edge of developing digital data strategies in the construction sector including BIM, business systems and IP solutions. PCSG Chairman Mark Bew chairs the government’s Construction BIM Task Group, charged with delivering Level 2 BIM. He is also Chairman of Building Smart (UK) Ltd, tasked with the definition and delivery of data and process interoperability standards for the built environment.
Please contact Adrian Burgess ( [email protected]) if you have any feedback or comments on the Level 2 BIM guidance in the Designing Buildings Wiki.
Articles on Designing Buildings Wiki by PCSG include:
- Step-by-step guide to using BIM on projects
- 0a: Strategic definition (business justification)
- 0b: Strategic definition (strategic brief)
- 1a: Preparation and brief (appraisals)
- 1b: Preparation and brief (brief and information requirements)
- 1c: Preparation and brief (supplier appointments)
- 2: Concept design
- 3: Developed design
- 4: Technical design
- 5: Construction
- 6: Handover and close out
- 7: In use
Featured articles and news
BSRIA report suggest the European market will double to 415 million Euros by 2023.
Do you understand the different types of stone and which ones you should use where?
Why a wellbeing strategy is vital for property managers.
An ECA briefing for members about the commercial implications of leaving the EU.
A crucial moment on any project - and fraught with danger.
The performance gap from a Northern Ireland perspective.
Book review: Buildings of protestant nonconformity.
Design and testing for health and wellbeing - free download from BRE.
Retention in construction contracts.
Campaign for the reform of cash retentions.
The key points for the construction industry and BSRIA's response.