- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Mar 2018
Quick introduction to designing buildings wiki
Designing Buildings Wiki is the construction industry knowledge base, used by 3.7 million people a year to share articles about products, services, processes and best practice. Our users are construction professionals looking for knowledge to help them in their work.
Supported by leading industry organisations such as ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT and BSRIA, Designing Buildings Wiki has more than 6,500 cross-discipline articles and is used by more than 15,000 people a day, making it one of the most popular construction industry websites.
Who uses Designing Buildings Wiki?
The breakdown of our registered users is shown below (%)
Writing articles on Designing Buildings Wiki is good for the industry, and it's a great way to promote you and your business.
You can write about any subject related to the construction industry, including research, publications, organisations, theories, products, practices and so on. All we ask is that articles are factual (not adverts) and are encyclopaedic in style (not blog posts) - click here to find out more about our editorial policy.
You can add your profile to the top of articles you write, so people can find out about you. Learn more about profiles.
To create an article:
- Log in or register (click on the link at the top of the screen).
- Click the orange ‘Create an article’ button.
- Enter the name of your article.
- Type your article from scratch, or paste it from another application.
- Click the ‘insert signature’ button to add your profile to the top of your article.
Promoting your articles
You can extend the reach of articles you write with our featured article promotions, or you can draw viewers to your own website with a call to action MPU:
- Featured articles appear on every page of the site for a week, getting around 200,000 views as well as in our newsletter and on our social media channels.
- Call to action MPUs can be placed across the site or targeted to groups of articles, or just your articles. A typical site wide placement will attract around 200,000 views a week and will deliver 250 click throughs to your website.
For more information contact Simon Baxter: [email protected]
Featured articles and news
Check out our list of the 90 most unusual buildings of all time.
The government is to set a personal consumption target to reduce water use.
BSRIA calls for more education to promote fuels that are fit to burn.
Michael Gove admits air pollution is making people ill and shortening lives.
BRE call for a clearer, focused drive for the delivery of sustainable, quality developments.
Proposals for a 140m high observation wheel next to the Tyne.
Consistently one of our most popular articles - so just how much do you know about BoQ's?
Significant updates encourage whole building life cycle assessment and recognise products with Environmental Product Declarations.
Gustavo Giovannoni’s role in integrating modern planning requirements into historic town centres.
Desipite Hackitt's recommendations, the government are to consult on combustible cladding.