- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Oct 2020
Types of riser
Are you looking for:
- Dry riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Dry risers do not contain water when they are not being used, but are charged with water by fire service pumping appliances when necessary.
- Wet riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Wet risers are permanently charged with water.
- Stairs riser: The vertical face between the back of the tread of one stair and the front of the tread of the stair above. Risers may be solid, or may be open.
- Vertical riser: The term used to refer to any component that extends vertically through a building.
Featured articles and news
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.
Three structures forever changed people's lives for the better.
ECA comments on findings of BEIS Green Jobs Task Force.
Why government can't support public transport forever.
Government introduces the Information Management Mandate.