- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Oct 2020
Types of riser
Are you looking for:
- Dry riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Dry risers do not contain water when they are not being used, but are charged with water by fire service pumping appliances when necessary.
- Wet riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Wet risers are permanently charged with water.
- Stairs riser: The vertical face between the back of the tread of one stair and the front of the tread of the stair above. Risers may be solid, or may be open.
- Vertical riser: The term used to refer to any component that extends vertically through a building.
Featured articles and news
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.
Environment Agency publishes BAT guidance.
CLC guidance outlines carbon reduction priorities.
Making the most of a staycation.