- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 17 Nov 2019
Types of riser
Are you looking for:
- Dry riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Dry risers do not contain water when they are not being used, but are charged with water by fire service pumping appliances when necessary.
- Wet riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Wet risers are permanently charged with water.
- Stairs riser: The vertical face between the back of the tread of one stair and the front of the tread of the stair above. Risers may be solid, or may be open.
- Vertical riser: The term used to refer to any component that extends vertically through a building.
Featured articles and news
A quick introduction to a very complicated subject.
CIOB suggests the economic reach of construction is double the official figures.
The first US building to achieve BREEAM Outstanding In-Use.
70 buildings from 70 years of Concrete Quarterly. Book review.
Conserving the iron roof at the Albert Dock.
Delivering an infrastructure revolution.
The admissibility of evidence.
How many can you name? 37 anyone?
CIOB respond to the points-based system.
When is the weather considered 'exceptionally adverse'?
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.