- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 17 Nov 2019
Types of riser
Are you looking for:
- Dry riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Dry risers do not contain water when they are not being used, but are charged with water by fire service pumping appliances when necessary.
- Wet riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Wet risers are permanently charged with water.
- Stairs riser: The vertical face between the back of the tread of one stair and the front of the tread of the stair above. Risers may be solid, or may be open.
- Vertical riser: The term used to refer to any component that extends vertically through a building.
Featured articles and news
European ports in a historic and global perspective. Book review.
The post-war response to blitz and blight.
Could you be our new editor?
Evaluating occupant satisfaction.
The Ancona eco-mansion
What is the cost of not getting it right first time?
The government announces a new role as part of a wider package of safety reform.
Lessons for the next UK road investment strategy.
Architectural Technology Studio 3
Construction Industry Advisory Committee CONIAC
The real impact of late payment.
How to tell which infrastructure projects will work.