- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Oct 2020
Types of riser
Are you looking for:
- Dry riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Dry risers do not contain water when they are not being used, but are charged with water by fire service pumping appliances when necessary.
- Wet riser: Used to supply water within buildings for fire-fighting purposes. Wet risers are permanently charged with water.
- Stairs riser: The vertical face between the back of the tread of one stair and the front of the tread of the stair above. Risers may be solid, or may be open.
- Vertical riser: The term used to refer to any component that extends vertically through a building.
Featured articles and news
Commons Committee report examines COVID-19 regeneration plans.
Global building automation and control systems trends reviewed.
Significant changes to BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 announced.
Students available for administrative roles.
Delisting a World Heritage Site.
Design needs to be more diverse to be widely accessible.
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.