- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 04 Sep 2020
Tender report for construction contracts
A tender report is a brief history of the tendering process and an analysis of each tender submission and any subsequent negotiations. It is generally prepared by the cost consultant for submission to the client but should have observations and contributions from the design team regarding the perceived value of each bid.
The report should conclude with a clear recommendation as to the best value for money offer. If the tender process has any implications for the project, or changes the position compared to the impression the client had been given pre-tender, then these should be clearly set out.
- The background to the contract.
- The scope of the contract.
- Pre-qualification criteria.
- The tender evaluation criteria.
- Reasons for rejection of unsuccessful tenders.
- Reasons for the recommendation.
- A summary of any post-tender negotiations.
- Comparison with the pre-tender estimate.
- Any implications for the project.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Due diligence when selecting contractors or subcontractors.
- Mid-tender Interviews.
- OJEU procurement rules.
- Post tender estimate.
- Pre-qualification questionnaire.
- Pre-tender Interviews.
- Tender documentation.
- Tender documents.
- Tender evaluation.
- Tender negotiations.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.
Three structures forever changed people's lives for the better.
ECA comments on findings of BEIS Green Jobs Task Force.
Why government can't support public transport forever.
Government introduces the Information Management Mandate.