- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 01 Mar 2022
Regional flood and coastal committees
The National Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Strategy for England, Glossary, published by the Environment Agency in 2020, defines regional flood and coastal committees (RFCCs) as:
“Committees which were established by the Environment Agency under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 to bring together members appointed by government, the Environment Agency and lead local flood authorities. Section 23 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 requires the Environment Agency (the Agency) to:
- “Consult each RFCC about the way in which it proposes to carry out its flood and coastal erosion risk management functions in the committee’s region (Section 23(1)(a));
- “Take into account representations made by committees about the exercise of its flood and coastal erosion risk management functions in the committee’s region (Section 23(1)(b));
- “Obtain the consent of the RFCC before the Environment Agency can implement its regional programme for the committee’s region (Section 23(2));
- “Obtain the consent of the RFCC before the Environment Agency can issue a levy under Section 17 of the Act (Section 23(3));
- “Obtain the consent of the RFCC to the spending of revenue under Section 118 of the Water Resources Act 1991 in the region where the revenue is raised (Section 23(4)).”
Featured articles and news
Myths and top tips.
CLC plans to ease impact of construction inflation.
BG 50 & VDI 2035 – your questions answered.
Will the way we heat homes change when winter comes ?
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.