- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 08 Dec 2020
Reading Construction Forum
To help develop this article, click ‘Edit this article’ above.
Members of the Reading Construction Forum included clients, consultants, contractors, specialist contractors and academic institutions. They were concerned with achieving high quality, change and innovation in the design, construction and use of commercial and industrial buildings, and worked with researchers to identify actions needed to improve the performance of the industry.
The Forum’s objectives were:
- To provide a forum discussion.
- To identify the need for change.
- To disseminate best practice.
- To encourage research and development.
- To improve the international competitiveness of the British and European building industries.
It produced a number of publications, including:
- Trusting the Team: the Best Practice Guide to Partnering in Construction, 1995.
- Financial Protection in the UK Building Industry: A Guide for Clients and the Construction Supply Chain, 1998.
- The seven pillars of partnering, A guide to the second generation of partnering, 1998.
- Value for money, helping the UK afford the buildings it likes, 1996.
- Design Build Foundation.
- Construction Best Practice Programme.
- Movement for Innovation.
- Local Government Task Force.
- Rethinking Construction.
- Construction Clients’ Group.
Constructing Excellence (CE) describes itself as ‘…the single organisation charged with driving the change agenda in construction. We exist to improve industry performance in order to produce a better built environment. We are a cross-sector, cross-supply chain, member led organisation operating for the good of industry and its stakeholders.’
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The Social Housing Retrofit Accelerator.
A must read for all built environment professionals.
A brief description of time in the sun.
Given by ICE President Ed McCann.
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !