- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Dec 2020
Reading Construction Forum
To help develop this article, click ‘Edit this article’ above.
Members of the Reading Construction Forum included clients, consultants, contractors, specialist contractors and academic institutions. They were concerned with achieving high quality, change and innovation in the design, construction and use of commercial and industrial buildings, and worked with researchers to identify actions needed to improve the performance of the industry.
The Forum’s objectives were:
- To provide a forum discussion.
- To identify the need for change.
- To disseminate best practice.
- To encourage research and development.
- To improve the international competitiveness of the British and European building industries.
It produced a number of publications, including:
- Trusting the Team: the Best Practice Guide to Partnering in Construction, 1995.
- Financial Protection in the UK Building Industry: A Guide for Clients and the Construction Supply Chain, 1998.
- The seven pillars of partnering, A guide to the second generation of partnering, 1998.
- Value for money, helping the UK afford the buildings it likes, 1996.
- Design Build Foundation.
- Construction Best Practice Programme.
- Movement for Innovation.
- Local Government Task Force.
- Rethinking Construction.
- Construction Clients’ Group.
Constructing Excellence (CE) describes itself as ‘…the single organisation charged with driving the change agenda in construction. We exist to improve industry performance in order to produce a better built environment. We are a cross-sector, cross-supply chain, member led organisation operating for the good of industry and its stakeholders.’
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Heritage on the edge?
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.