- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 08 Dec 2020
Reading Construction Forum
To help develop this article, click ‘Edit this article’ above.
Members of the Reading Construction Forum included clients, consultants, contractors, specialist contractors and academic institutions. They were concerned with achieving high quality, change and innovation in the design, construction and use of commercial and industrial buildings, and worked with researchers to identify actions needed to improve the performance of the industry.
The Forum’s objectives were:
- To provide a forum discussion.
- To identify the need for change.
- To disseminate best practice.
- To encourage research and development.
- To improve the international competitiveness of the British and European building industries.
It produced a number of publications, including:
- Trusting the Team: the Best Practice Guide to Partnering in Construction, 1995.
- Financial Protection in the UK Building Industry: A Guide for Clients and the Construction Supply Chain, 1998.
- The seven pillars of partnering, A guide to the second generation of partnering, 1998.
- Value for money, helping the UK afford the buildings it likes, 1996.
- Design Build Foundation.
- Construction Best Practice Programme.
- Movement for Innovation.
- Local Government Task Force.
- Rethinking Construction.
- Construction Clients’ Group.
Constructing Excellence (CE) describes itself as ‘…the single organisation charged with driving the change agenda in construction. We exist to improve industry performance in order to produce a better built environment. We are a cross-sector, cross-supply chain, member led organisation operating for the good of industry and its stakeholders.’
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.