- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 31 Aug 2020
Preamble in construction contracts
A preamble might include:
- A description of the parties to the contract.
- A description of the competence (or lack of it) of the parties to the contract. This can be taken to set a general standard for the quality of goods or services expected, or the level of support required.
- The background to the document.
- A summary of the negotiations.
- Tendering procedures.
- The objectives of the project.
- Other related documents or previous contracts and their relationship to the current document.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.
ECA states concerns over the Government's disparate plans.
Net zero carbon future - necessity, not choice - was the event's focus.
CIOB event spotlighted sustainability strategies in the region.
The 19th and 20th centuries left a legacy of defects.
An invaluable technique that should be used more often.