- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 23 Feb 2021
Most read articles of the decade ending December 2019
The overall most read article on Designing Buildings Wiki, with a total of 599,803 views since it was created in 2013 was: Types of drawings for building design.
The most popular articles (ranked by page views per day since they were created) were :
- Strip foundation.
- Brick sizes.
- Types of drawings for building design.
- The difference between a prime cost sum and a provisional sum.
- Types of bolts.
- Types of brick bonding.
- Tender documentation for construction projects.
- Bill of quantities.
- Types of excavation.
- Variations in construction contracts.
The most popular news articles (ranked by page views per day) were:
- ACM cladding.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm system for buildings. Code of practice for design, installation and commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Farmer Review 2016: Modernise or die.
- Grenfell Tower fire.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- HPL cladding.
Featured articles and news
IHBC members encouraged to update violations database.
Non-obtrusive security sensors can help deter intruders.
Adopting a fabric first approach to efficiency.
Government emphasises training for construction and engineering trades.
ECA and SELECT offer assistance to members set back by delays.
The virtual learning event examines Historic Places - People Places.
Getting post-pandemic infrastructure on the right track.
One of England's grandest country houses.
Take just two minutes to provide your feedback.
An update of standards and regulations is under consideration.
Exploring the key to the adoption of this abundant energy source.
His clients have ranged from Liberace to St Nick to world-class athletes.