- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 26 Dec 2019
Most read articles of the decade ending December 2019
The overall most read article on Designing Buildings Wiki, with a total of 599,803 views since it was created in 2013 was: Types of drawings for building design.
The most popular articles (ranked by page views per day since they were created) were :
- Strip foundation.
- Brick sizes.
- Types of drawings for building design.
- The difference between a prime cost sum and a provisional sum.
- Types of bolts.
- Types of brick bonding.
- Tender documentation for construction projects.
- Bill of quantities.
- Types of excavation.
- Variations in construction contracts.
The most popular news articles (ranked by page views per day) were:
- ACM cladding.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm system for buildings. Code of practice for design, installation and commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Farmer Review 2016: Modernise or die.
- Grenfell Tower fire.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- HPL cladding.
Featured articles and news
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.
What type of cool roof is most suitable?
Active Travel programme prioritises cyclists and pedestrians.
CIAT issues caution for use of new standard.
Industry leaders discuss climate change, the economy and other influences.
The building manager is key to operations.
The impact Scotland’s dynamic coast has on the historic environment.
IHBC announces role in new APPG.