- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 26 Dec 2019
Most read articles of the decade ending December 2019
The overall most read article on Designing Buildings Wiki, with a total of 599,803 views since it was created in 2013 was: Types of drawings for building design.
The most popular articles (ranked by page views per day since they were created) were :
- Strip foundation.
- Brick sizes.
- Types of drawings for building design.
- The difference between a prime cost sum and a provisional sum.
- Types of bolts.
- Types of brick bonding.
- Tender documentation for construction projects.
- Bill of quantities.
- Types of excavation.
- Variations in construction contracts.
The most popular news articles (ranked by page views per day) were:
- ACM cladding.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm system for buildings. Code of practice for design, installation and commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Farmer Review 2016: Modernise or die.
- Grenfell Tower fire.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- HPL cladding.
Featured articles and news
Protecting employees from hearing damage.
One of the largest office buildings in the world.
Who holds the risk for COVID-19?
Insights from New York.
A quick introduction to a very complicated subject.
CIOB suggests the economic reach of construction is double the official figures.
The first US building to achieve BREEAM Outstanding In-Use.
70 buildings from 70 years of Concrete Quarterly. Book review.
Conserving the iron roof at the Albert Dock.
Delivering an infrastructure revolution.
The admissibility of evidence.