- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Feb 2021
Most read articles of the decade ending December 2019
The overall most read article on Designing Buildings Wiki, with a total of 599,803 views since it was created in 2013 was: Types of drawings for building design.
The most popular articles (ranked by page views per day since they were created) were :
- Strip foundation.
- Brick sizes.
- Types of drawings for building design.
- The difference between a prime cost sum and a provisional sum.
- Types of bolts.
- Types of brick bonding.
- Tender documentation for construction projects.
- Bill of quantities.
- Types of excavation.
- Variations in construction contracts.
The most popular news articles (ranked by page views per day) were:
- ACM cladding.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm system for buildings. Code of practice for design, installation and commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Farmer Review 2016: Modernise or die.
- Grenfell Tower fire.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- HPL cladding.
Featured articles and news
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.
The pressures and pinch points of global destinations.
Making the case for a sustainable future.
Retrofit professionals now entitled to enter CIOB programme.
How, where, when and why stereotypes happen.
Optimising the best features of both energy performance tools.
BSRIA guidance updated in BG 78/2021 publication.
ISO standard supports crime prevention through environmental design.