- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 23 Feb 2021
Most read articles of the decade ending December 2019
The overall most read article on Designing Buildings Wiki, with a total of 599,803 views since it was created in 2013 was: Types of drawings for building design.
The most popular articles (ranked by page views per day since they were created) were :
- Strip foundation.
- Brick sizes.
- Types of drawings for building design.
- The difference between a prime cost sum and a provisional sum.
- Types of bolts.
- Types of brick bonding.
- Tender documentation for construction projects.
- Bill of quantities.
- Types of excavation.
- Variations in construction contracts.
The most popular news articles (ranked by page views per day) were:
- ACM cladding.
- What does Brexit mean for construction?
- BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm system for buildings. Code of practice for design, installation and commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.
- Hackitt review of the building regulations and fire safety, final report.
- Farmer Review 2016: Modernise or die.
- Grenfell Tower fire.
- ACM cladding testing by BRE.
- HPL cladding.
Featured articles and news
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.
Smart built environments can be designed around the requirements of real people.
Consistency is at the core of realistic strategies.
Entries being accepted until 20 November 2021.
Fuller’s legacy in the field of resource management.