- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 26 Apr 2019
Floor screed costs
During the development of any building, the application of floor screed is one of the most important stages of laying a new floor. Screed is a mixture of sand, water, cement and other sand-based aggregates, which helps create a sturdy, even layer of flooring – a perfect base for any flooring finish.
- Type of screed used.
- Quality of the screed.
- Depth of screed required.
- Overall size of the floor.
- Drying and trafficking time of the screed.
- How many people are working on the project.
- Geographic location.
- Traditional screed costs between £11 and £14 per square metre, based on a thickness of 75mm covering 125 square metres per day.
- Flow screed costs between £10 and £16 per square metre, based on a thickness of 50mm covering up to 1,500 square metres daily.
--Ukscreedsrender 12:31, 29 Nov 2018 (BST)
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Rich opportunities lie in the jigsaw of the Highlands and Islands.
Five hugely demanding projects.
Conversion of Blairtum House, Lanarkshire
Why civil engineering is the 'best' career.
Green rating systems
Information is the lifeblood of quality management.
How PowerLottery helps industry colleagues.
Eliminating waste through blockchain.
Emerging cost contracts.
Connecting infrastructure with housing.
All about E-procurement.