- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 03 Feb 2021
Floor screed costs
During the development of any building, the application of floor screed is one of the most important stages of laying a new floor. Screed is a mixture of sand, water, cement and other sand-based aggregates, which helps create a sturdy, even layer of flooring – a perfect base for any flooring finish.
- Type of screed used.
- Quality of the screed.
- Depth of screed required.
- Overall size of the floor.
- Drying and trafficking time of the screed.
- How many people are working on the project.
- Geographic location.
- Traditional screed costs between £11 and £14 per square metre, based on a thickness of 75mm covering 125 square metres per day.
- Flow screed costs between £10 and £16 per square metre, based on a thickness of 50mm covering up to 1,500 square metres daily.
--Ukscreedsrender 12:31, 29 Nov 2018 (BST)
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Standard will help employers foster wellbeing and manage psychosocial risks.
Global fire standards for safety of people and property.
An introduction to the 5 core principles of lean.
Can the profession use its skills to save the world from climate change?
How faulty science resulted in sanitation reform.
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
Click the button to subscribe.