- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 30 Jun 2019
Thermal dynamic analysis
The Home Quality Mark suggests that:
'Thermal comfort analysis tools can be subdivided into a number of methods of increasing complexity. The most complex of these and the one that provides greatest confidence in results is the full dynamic model. This type of model enables annual heating or cooling loads, overheating risks and control strategies to be assessed.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A Practical Guide to Building Thermal Modelling.
- BRE articles.
- Building Research Establishment.
- Computational fluid dynamics in building design: An introduction FB 69.
- Conventions for calculating linear thermal transmittance and temperature factors.
- Dynamic thermal modelling of closed loop geothermal heat pump systems.
- Home quality mark.
- Human comfort in buildings.
- Integrating CFD into the design process.
- Passive building design.
- Standard Assessment Procedure.
- Thermal comfort.
- Thermal indices.
Featured articles and news
What future infrastructure provision might look like.
Highlighting the health benefits of home improvement.
Pavilions for music, entertainment, and leisure. Book review.
Broadening our understanding of Dublin’s chequered social history.
The charm of London's Cabmen's shelters.
Future Weather Files research tool looking for feedback.
Exploring the Colour Rendering Index.
Why it's important to find out what went wrong.
ECA reviews the shape of the construction job market.
Why proper room acoustics make a difference.
Initiative puts gas networks on the path to net zero.
WICE Woman Architectural Technologist of the Year 2019.
Traditional low-energy approaches to comfort.
Revisiting the McArthurGlen Designer Outlet in Ashford.
USA In-Use Version 6 is now available.
The rise of architectural barbarism.
In contentious political contexts heritage can be more fractious.