Tender sum for construction contracts
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like for like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
We review a book aiming to unpick the complexities of building physics.
An introduction to the categories, procedures and types of listed buildings.
This Australian robotics firm have developed a bricklaying machine capable of building a house in 3 days.
20bn devices will be online by 2020, generating huge volumes of information. Is society making the most of this rich data?
Built over a period of 632 years, Cologne Cathedral is considered one of the world's finest examples of Gothic architecture.
UandI adds £1.5bn to development pipeline.
Here are 5 things leaders can do to create a truly circular economy.
Find out about the different types of delays on construction projects.
Researchers at Wien university have developed new system to create an inflatable concrete structure.
Take a look at this newly-opened tower in Chicago with a remarkable 20:1 height-to-base ratio.
The principles, practice and formwork of one of the most important components of modern architecture.