Tender sum for construction contracts
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like for like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
What are the innovative business models of the future, and how to incentivise supply chains to work on a whole life basis?
One of the largest churches in the world, the monumental St. Peter's Basilica.
How thermal comfort is quantified and how it can affect wellbeing.
Snøhetta complete a treehouse cabin that allows guests to lie beneath the Northern Lights.
Christiania is an anarchist 'freetown' in Copenhagen where strange and experimental architecture has flourished.
“UK waste data needs improving” say BRE specialists, in this summary of their report into construction waste.
UandI announce new joint venture with US developer to work on office refurbishment projects.
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.