Tender sum for construction contracts
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like for like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A visually dramatic means of story-telling, large-scale murals can be an effective way to engage communities.
There were over 1,400 new articles added to Designing Buildings Wiki in 2016. Here are the top 15 most popular.
MVRDV reveal designs for a strange holiday villa in Taiwan.
New milestone achieved with launch of new safety lanyard for working from height.
A quick introductory article about preliminaries in construction.
Brandenburg Gate - an historic structure that went from symbolising German partition to European unity.
A discussion between construction key players and leading insurers on the future outlook for construction insurance.
New guide from BSRIA on building performance evaluation in domestic buildings.
Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners complete new trio of towers at Sydney Harbour.
With a new government consultation underway, ICE look at creating a smarter, more flexible energy system.
British Antarctic Survey announces research station is to relocate 23km due to growing crack in the ice shelf.