- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Mar 2018
Tender sum for construction contracts
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like for like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Read our introductory article on how to layout a building.
A right to light generally refers to the right to receive sufficient light through an opening.
Interference and compatibility - the effects of electromagnetic fields in the workplace.
Important action is being taken to inspire young people to train as engineers.
A survey of Leicester’s historic buildings resulted in local listing being taken more seriously.