- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 03 Aug 2018
Tender sum for construction contracts
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article'.
The objective of the tender pricing document is to:
- Enable like-for-like comparison between tenders and the cost plan (pre-tender estimate).
- Enable the cost consultant to assess where value lies within the different tenders (such as foundations or finishes) allowing assessment of value for money.
- Identify any significant differences in pricing between tenderers to ensure the design has been correctly interpreted.
- Identify areas of savings that might be negotiated with tenderers while still in competition.
- Form the financial basis of the tender report.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
BRE launches the BREEAM Data Centres Annex Pilot.
Replacing lanterns and overthrows in Great Pulteney Street.
Will market-led regeneration work without state intervention?
The New Towns
Infrastructure planning in England's Economic Heartland.
Low-voltage switchgear and protective devices.
New report explores impact of independent museums.
Parents are pivotal in reaching future engineers.
What is a final account?