- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 27 Nov 2020
Safety tips for construction workers
- Make sure all employees are wearing the correct protective gear.
- Use up-to-date technologies in health and safety management systems.
- Inspect construction equipment and tools regularly.
- Communicate clearly - especially during emergencies.
- Do not take shortcuts when using dangerous equipment.
- Make health and safety training mandatory.
- Post safety signs for everyone to see.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.
Tech will drive professional development in fields tied to infrastructure.