- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 Sep 2020
Safety tips for construction workers
The work that construction workers perform is essential to the growth of the economy. These are high risks jobs that can lead to injuries and fatalities. Before construction employees walk on a construction site, it is important that they are trained in safety rules, guidelines and laws.
 Quick tips
- Make sure all employees are wearing the correct protective gear.
- Use updated technologies in health and safety management system.
- Inspect construction equipment and tools regularly.
- Communicate - especially during emergencies.
- Do not take shortcuts when using dangerous equipment.
- Make health and safety training mandatory.
- Post safety signs for everyone to see.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
BREEAM offers its resilient approach to Building Back Better.
Country moves one step closer to creating independent body.
BSRIA examines factors driving the industry.
Ensuring designs are developed, validated and can be effectively implemented.
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.
Organisation revises actions around dealing with COVID-19.
CIOB, NFCC, RIBA, RICS call for changes ahead of Building Safety Bill.