- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 19 May 2017
Marketing considerations for architects
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
- 3 Key elements: image, context and promotion
- Where we are, where we want to be, how we get there and have we got there.
- Balance expectations with the reality of operating environment.
- Needs to be integral to the business plan
- A wider audience = more business = more profit.
- Image, branding and marketing mix
- Define and position yourself in terms of price, place and product.
- What image do we want to have?
- What values do we espouse?
- What is the USP?
- Factors: STEEPLE (Social, Technological, Economic, Ethical, Political, Legislative, Environmental).
- With respect to SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats).
- Understand them. Improve your brand and product to their needs to give more value.
- Client surveys.
- Focus groups.
- Informal evidence and conversations.
Context C: Competitors:
Critical to deliver Return on Investment (ROI) and must be targeted:
- Direct advertising.
- Personal recommendation.
- Editorial content.
- Social media.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architectural publishing.
- Brand guidelines.
- Constructing a three year strategic marketing plan.
- Digital marketing for the construction industry.
- Embedding successful key client management.
- Market segmentation.
- Marketing audit.
- Marketing planning.
- One-year tactical or operational marketing plan.
- Search engine optimisation / Optimising your article for search engines.
- Self publishing for architects.
- Technical notes on architectural publishing.
- Using publishing to optimise real estate projects.
- Winning work.
- Writing technique.
Featured articles and news
Eight forms of resource optimisation.
CIOB responds to Chancellor Sunak's announcement on jobs and the economy.
Revised guide to competition rules available.
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
An innovative engineering approach could have had tragic consequence for NYC.
Some secrets behind how canals work.
Breaking down possible steps of pre-contract management.
ICE event includes comments from Welsh Government Minister Julie James.
How to write them and what they should include.
Designing Buildings Wiki becomes the world's first website to adopt the new knowledge standard.
Assessing the most beneficial design elements.
Exploring different types of vinyl flooring.