- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 20 Jan 2021
Marketing considerations for architects
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
- 3 Key elements: image, context and promotion
- Where we are, where we want to be, how we get there and have we got there.
- Balance expectations with the reality of operating environment.
- Needs to be integral to the business plan
- A wider audience = more business = more profit.
- Image, branding and marketing mix
- Define and position yourself in terms of price, place and product.
- What image do we want to have?
- What values do we espouse?
- What is the USP?
- Factors: STEEPLE (Social, Technological, Economic, Ethical, Political, Legislative, Environmental).
- With respect to SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats).
- Understand them. Improve your brand and product to their needs to give more value.
- Client surveys.
- Focus groups.
- Informal evidence and conversations.
Context C: Competitors:
- Direct advertising.
- Personal recommendation.
- Editorial content.
- Social media.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architectural publishing.
- Brand guidelines.
- Constructing a three year strategic marketing plan.
- Digital marketing for the construction industry.
- Embedding successful key client management.
- Market segmentation.
- Marketing audit.
- Marketing planning.
- One-year tactical or operational marketing plan.
- Search engine optimisation / Optimising your article for search engines.
- Self publishing for architects.
- Technical notes on architectural publishing.
- Using publishing to optimise real estate projects.
- Winning work.
- Writing technique.
Featured articles and news
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.