- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 20 Jan 2021
Marketing considerations for architects
This article needs more work. To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
- 3 Key elements: image, context and promotion
- Where we are, where we want to be, how we get there and have we got there.
- Balance expectations with the reality of operating environment.
- Needs to be integral to the business plan
- A wider audience = more business = more profit.
- Image, branding and marketing mix
- Define and position yourself in terms of price, place and product.
- What image do we want to have?
- What values do we espouse?
- What is the USP?
- Factors: STEEPLE (Social, Technological, Economic, Ethical, Political, Legislative, Environmental).
- With respect to SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats).
- Understand them. Improve your brand and product to their needs to give more value.
- Client surveys.
- Focus groups.
- Informal evidence and conversations.
Context C: Competitors:
Critical to deliver Return on Investment (ROI) and must be targeted:
- Direct advertising.
- Personal recommendation.
- Editorial content.
- Social media.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architectural publishing.
- Brand guidelines.
- Constructing a three year strategic marketing plan.
- Digital marketing for the construction industry.
- Embedding successful key client management.
- Market segmentation.
- Marketing audit.
- Marketing planning.
- One-year tactical or operational marketing plan.
- Search engine optimisation / Optimising your article for search engines.
- Self publishing for architects.
- Technical notes on architectural publishing.
- Using publishing to optimise real estate projects.
- Winning work.
- Writing technique.
Featured articles and news
High levels of mica and pyrite found in aggregate used for Irish homes.
Organisation offers mobile app to its members.
BSRIA explores US share of 2020 VRF market.
New fire safety requirement comes into force.
Different types of bridges are meant to move.
A logical approach to handling the internal voice of self doubt.
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.