Design Framework for Building Services 5th Edition (BG 6/2018), written by David Churcher, John Sands & Martin Ronceray, and published by BSRIA in June 2018 suggests that an installation model:
…shows all procured equipment and components with their actual sizes and precise locations as well as typical supports and fixings necessary for installation. If the Technical Design model has not been developed to the coordinated-specific level, then the Installation model will convey this. It is analogous to the level of detail in BSRIA Installation and Manufacturer’s drawings.
Typical object parameters to include along with geometry at this stage would include:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- BSRIA definitions.
- Building services concept design model.
- Building services concept schematics.
- Building services concept sketch drawings.
- Building services developed design schematics.
- Building services technical design model.
- Technical design.
- Types of building information model.
- Types of drawing.