- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 11 Dec 2020
Housing implementation taskforce
On 3 June 2015 Oliver Letwin MP published an updated cabinet committees list in which the creation of 10 Implementation Taskforces was announced to monitor and drive delivery of the government’s most important priorities. This included the creation of a housing implementation taskforce. Ref Cabinet Committees and Implementation Taskforces membership list.
Cabinet committees are groups of ministers that can make binding decisions for the government. They are created by the Prime Minister to reduce the burden of decision making on the Cabinet by enabling decisions to be taken by a smaller group of ministers.
- Track progress.
- Spot potential problems and blockages and agree plans for resolving them.
- Maintain momentum and ensure accountability.
- Make sure that actions are followed through.
The terms of reference for the housing implementation taskforce are:
- Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Liz Truss MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Patrick McLoughlin MP, Secretary of State for Transport.
- Oliver Letwin MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.
- Greg Hands MP, Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
- Matt Hancock MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office, Paymaster General.
- Brandon Lewis MP, Minister of State for Communities and Local Government.
- Mark Lancaster MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans.
- Lord Prior of Brampton, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for NHS Productivity.
See also National Housing Taskforce.
Featured articles and news
BSRIA explores US share of 2020 VRF market.
New fire safety requirement comes into force.
Different types of bridges are meant to move.
A logical approach to handling the internal voice of self doubt.
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.