- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Feb 2018
Housing implementation taskforce
On 3 June 2015 Oliver Letwin MP published an updated cabinet committees list in which the creation of 10 Implementation Taskforces was announced to monitor and drive delivery of the government’s most important priorities. This included the creation of a housing implementation taskforce. Ref Cabinet Committees and Implementation Taskforces membership list.
Cabinet committees are groups of ministers that can make binding decisions for the government. They are created by the Prime Minister to reduce the burden of decision making on the Cabinet by enabling decisions to be taken by a smaller group of ministers.
- Track progress.
- Spot potential problems and blockages and agree plans for resolving them.
- Maintain momentum and ensure accountability.
- Make sure that actions are followed through.
The terms of reference for the housing implementation taskforce are:
- Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Liz Truss MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Patrick McLoughlin MP, Secretary of State for Transport.
- Oliver Letwin MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.
- Greg Hands MP, Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
- Matt Hancock MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office, Paymaster General.
- Brandon Lewis MP, Minister of State for Communities and Local Government.
- Mark Lancaster MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans.
- Lord Prior of Brampton, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for NHS Productivity.
Ref List of Cabinet Committees and their members as at 3 June 2015.
See also National Housing Taskforce.
Featured articles and news
The David Lloyd Lymington Sports Village was 'Commended' in CIAT's 2018 AT Awards.
How do we make the smart city a reality?
Sir Nicholas Grimshaw has been awarded the UK’s highest honour for architecture.
Protecting the construction industry from Brexit.
Conceiving buildings collaboratively, testing them virtually.
Effective collaboration in post-disaster response and recovery
How do you prepare a claim for an extension of time and ensure it isn't rejected?
How innovative ‘design thinking’ may lead to new surface-water solutions.
What will be this year's office design trends?
Enhancing sustainability and resilience in disaster response.
What are EIAs, why are they needed and for which type of project?