- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Feb 2018
Housing implementation taskforce
On 3 June 2015 Oliver Letwin MP published an updated cabinet committees list in which the creation of 10 Implementation Taskforces was announced to monitor and drive delivery of the government’s most important priorities. This included the creation of a housing implementation taskforce. Ref Cabinet Committees and Implementation Taskforces membership list.
Cabinet committees are groups of ministers that can make binding decisions for the government. They are created by the Prime Minister to reduce the burden of decision making on the Cabinet by enabling decisions to be taken by a smaller group of ministers.
- Track progress.
- Spot potential problems and blockages and agree plans for resolving them.
- Maintain momentum and ensure accountability.
- Make sure that actions are followed through.
Implementation taskforces report to the Prime Minister and Cabinet on a regular basis.
The terms of reference for the housing implementation taskforce are:
"To drive efforts to increase the supply of new housing; helping first-time buyers onto the property ladder; implementing Right to Buy and driving public sector land sales."
It is chaired by Greg Clark MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, and its initial membership is:
- Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Liz Truss MP, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Patrick McLoughlin MP, Secretary of State for Transport.
- Oliver Letwin MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.
- Greg Hands MP, Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
- Matt Hancock MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office, Paymaster General.
- Brandon Lewis MP, Minister of State for Communities and Local Government.
- Mark Lancaster MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans.
- Lord Prior of Brampton, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for NHS Productivity.
Ref List of Cabinet Committees and their members as at 3 June 2015.
See also National Housing Taskforce.
Featured articles and news
The construction methods have changed a lot since the first roads were built around 4,000 BC.
How to deliver a five-fold multiplier effect from investment in water infrastructure.
RSHP's Leadenhall building is named a 2018 RIBA National Award winner.
Gary Neville's controversial Manchester tower gets the green light to go ahead.
Health and safety is everyone’s responsibility.
BSRIA guide to energy storage in buildings - a technology overview.
The UK’s largest Passivhaus accredited affordable housing scheme.
ICE set out 5 recommendations for the Government Construction Strategy 2018 update.
Balfour Beatty fined £500,000 for exposing workers to hand-arm vibration.
James Brokenshire launches a consultation on banning combustible cladding.
A year after Grenfell, we have a collection of 30 articles telling you everything you need to know.