- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Nov 2019
Here Is Everything You Need To Keep In Mind While Getting A New House Bulit
Constructing properties happens to be job easier said than done. A lot goes into the construction of a building. It is one of the most time consuming and tiring tasks. It is a job that requires a lot of skill and patience. Even a slight error in judgement can turn out to be quite fatal. At times, just a slight error is powerful enough to nullify all of the good work that is being put in.
Also, construction jobs require you to be on your toes all the time. Since a lot of people are involved, you need to stay up on your toes. You need to listen to the challenges they are facing while a particular structure is being constructed. Moving on, you also need a blueprint before you start with the construction. A blueprint will go a long way in making your life easy while the construction part is taking place. It serves as a picture of what needs to be done.
Most importantly, while constructing a building, you need to be able to use all of the resources at your disposal to good use. The quality of the building isn’t the only thing that matters. The building you make should also be cost-effective.
Here are a few things that need to be kept in mind before you begin with the construction part:
- You need to accumulate all of your resources in one place and keep them ready for use.
- Get material that is adaptable for a wide range of uses during its life cycle.
- It is definitely a good idea to put to use equipment that can be disassembled and/or reused.
- Material use can be minimised by optimising the design and size of the building.
- Prefer using recycled stuff
- Minimise the generation of C&D materials as much as you can. Also, encourage the separation of waste materials. The idea behind the exercise is to be a bit more environmentally responsible.
- Also, make sure the machines being used during construction comply with the safety standards. You can get such machines at Apton Plant.
- Most importantly, do not forget to get rid of the waste that is generated during the construction process. Make sure that all of the toxic waste materials are taken care of.
What can you do as a resident?
- Let us begin with the most obvious one. You can start by using reconditioned products, such as fittings and furniture (wherever possible).
- Check if the doors and windows of the house can be renovated. Going for new doors and windows isn’t always a good idea. While developing a new home, try to fit in the old and unused doors and windows. Not only will it help reduce the cost, but will also reduce the use of wood and metals.
- Keep track of the weather conditions while the construction is taking place. Also, it is always a good idea to use indeginious materials. Just make sure you don’t settle for the cheapest option as it may not be good enough to go the distance.
Mistakes to avoid while you are getting a new home built
Keep track of the HVAC system.
- This part is really-really important. Shoddy planning can give rise to excessive moisture and molds. Consequently, you run the risk of coming in contact with health concerns and diseases. Make sure you choose the right model according to your needs and requirements. If the system is too small, then these systems will become extremely hot in winters and excessively cold during summer.
- Inefficient Management of space
Space holds a lot of importance. The whole idea of getting a house constructed revolves around the idea of space management. Space management has a major role to play in the overall appearance of your house/ property.
It goes pretty much without saying that no one wants to live in a clustered house. Also, such a house is bound to appear quite uninviting. No matter how big or small the house is, just a little bit of space management can work wonders. The idea is to make the house look appealing.
Poor use of light
Well, that’s a no-brainer, right? Light fixtures in and around the house should be plentiful. As stated earlier, the idea is to make the house look visually appealing. At times, all you require is a little bit of ‘light’ to make your house look beautiful. Dingy houses and guest houses do not attract a lot of visitors, do they? No, they don't. That is because nobody likes to stay in a house that’s pale and dingy. Lights help you create the mood. You can have a good amount of light fittings in the room. It will help you brighten up the surroundings.
5. Under-utilized rooms
Make sure there are no under-utilized rooms in the house. Ll of the rooms that are built should be utilized. Well, that’s one way of looking at things. There are people who prefer to have empty spaces in order to make their house look spacious. There are those who.
Featured articles and news
A quick introduction to a very complicated subject.
CIOB suggests the economic reach of construction is double the official figures.
The first US building to achieve BREEAM Outstanding In-Use.
70 buildings from 70 years of Concrete Quarterly. Book review.
Conserving the iron roof at the Albert Dock.
Delivering an infrastructure revolution.
The admissibility of evidence.
How many can you name? 37 anyone?
CIOB respond to the points-based system.
When is the weather considered 'exceptionally adverse'?
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.