- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 01 Mar 2021
Here Is Everything You Need To Keep In Mind While Getting A New House Bulit
To help develop this article, click 'Edit this article' above.
A lot goes into the construction of a building. It is one of the most time consuming and tiring tasks. It is a job that requires a lot of skill and patience. Even a slight error in judgement can turn out to be serious.
Here are a few things that need to be kept in mind before you begin construction:
- You need to accumulate all of your resources in one place and keep them ready for use.
- Get material that is adaptable for a wide range of uses during its life cycle.
- Use equipment that can be disassembled and/or reused.
- Material use can be minimised by optimising the design and size of the building.
- Use recycled products.
- Minimise the generation of C&D (construction and demolition) materials and encourage the separation of waste materials and proper disposal.
- Make sure the machines being used during construction comply with the safety standards.
- Use reconditioned products, such as fittings and furniture wherever possible.
- Check if the doors and windows of the house can be renovated.
- Keep track of the weather conditions while the construction is taking place.
- Use local materials.
- Keep track of the HVAC (heating ventilation and air conditioning) and other building services systems.
- Space management has a major role to play in the overall appearance of your house/ property.
- Light fixtures in and around the house should be plentiful.
- Make sure there are no under-utilised rooms in the house.
Featured articles and news
CIOB members recognised for public procurement.
Experts discuss the complex issues damaging the supply chain.
The co-founder of Get Kids into Survey discusses career paths for kids.
Report examines lack of detail in the Government's vision.
Our director Gregor Harvie hosts 4 webinars at the IHBC marketplace on Friday.
Look up construction terms on any website direct from your browser.
The revival of the public sphere in Toronto.
The story behind the copycat architecture craze.
Insight into construction materials supply and demand issues.
IHBC has announced winners of the 2020 honours.
Cement and concrete industry introduces measures to go beyond net zero.
UKGBC has introduced a resource to help with sustainability challenges.
Is it time to embrace EVs at last?
Plaster, glue and dye produce a highly decorative effect.