- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 28 May 2021
Constructionarium is a not-for-profit organisation which provides residential experiential learning to students studying, or employees working within, the built environment. We are based at Bircham Newton in North Norfolk on a 19 acre bespoke training facility within the campus of CITB's National Construction College.
Delegates work in defined teams of 15-22 building a scaled replica (c30ft) of The Gherkin, Barcelona Tower, Kingsgate Footbridge, Millau Viaduct etc in six reporting to a client to simulate a real-life construction/infrastructure project. The immersive experiential learning opportunity enables delegates to put theory into practice and provides many technical, H&S, technical, programme and cost management, alongside significant employability skills.
Constructionarium’s vision is to develop our site into “NetZero Training Facility” to provide a wider range of training to meet the governments vision of “Build Back Better”, “The Green Deal” along with supporting the “Construction Sector Deal” and Transforming Construction’s transformation goals. It will provide essential training for contractors, manufacturers, material providers, supply chains and the design communities to enable them to meet the Government’s legal requirement of a net zero carbon economy by 2030. This will be through investment into the decarbonisation of projects, development of new “green” projects and provision of other unique innovative training provision.
- https://www.raeng.org.uk/publications/other/the-nuclear-island (Royal Academy of Engineering)
- https://youtu.be/DV0zj3s4B98 (Anglia Ruskin University)
- https://vimeo.com/jbknowledge/download/416109317/a4822334a0 (Texas A&M University)
- https://youtu.be/2mMJbgOAEhM (University of Reading)
- https://vimeo.com/368521744 (Multiplex)
- https://youtu.be/rdGUWAOT-Bo (Anglia Ruskin Student)
- https://youtu.be/Ue-u-Wo-04U (University College London)
- https://youtu.be/7kbfx2mEUCU (University of East London)
- https://youtu.be/ZKbaRPdv6T4 (JN Bentley)
Featured articles and news
Duty holders are responsible for creating emergency plans.
Saint Michael’s Kirkyard - a Presbyterian Valhalla. Book review.
Facing the impact of the COVID and the internet.
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.