- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 14 Oct 2016
How to create a construction wiki
Want to start your own wiki about BIM, or structures, or ducting, or anything else to do with the built environment?
We can create a branded specialist wiki for you - saving you the cost, risk and time of trying to build your own platform from scratch.
Your wiki will be:
- A fully functional wiki, allowing users to create articles and collaborate to edit and improve them.
- Branded with your colours, logo and strapline.
- Provided with its own home page that you can edit.
- Populated with pre-existing content from Designing Buildings Wiki so that it launches with articles already on it.
- Linked to other relevant content on Designing Buildings Wiki so it forms a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Linked back to your website and social media channels so people can follow you.
We will design and develop your wiki ready for launch and moderate user behaviour once it's operational to ensure your reputation is protected with the minimum effort required from you.
And because your wiki will be within the existing Designing Buildings Wiki platform, it will be part of a site that already has more than 10,000 users a day. So from the moment it launches, it will have lots of content and lots of users.
We will charge you £3,000 to design and set up your wiki and then £3,000 a year to operate and moderate it.
You can see an example that's already operational at Conservation Wiki.
Featured articles and news
BRE partner with Global GreenTag to develop an Ethical Labour Sourcing Standard for Australia.
The Chartered Quality Institute explain the pathway to success for organisations implementing management systems.
An introductory article looking at where a duty of care can arise in the construction industry.
House of Lords committee encourages the use of off-site manufacturing in new report.
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) can go some way to show the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
The shortlist for the 2018 prize for the UK's best new building is revealed.
Amendment to Bill aims to provide councils with greater powers to increase tax premiums on empty homes.
As the latest summer blockbuster 'Skyscraper' is released, we look at some of the best uses of buildings in film.
Read our introductory article on how to layout a building.
New cross-party report calls for combustible cladding ban to be extended to all high-rise residential buildings.