- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 02 Mar 2020
How to create a construction wiki
Want to start your own wiki about structures, ducting, bricks, procurement or anything else to do with the built environment?
We can create a branded specialist wiki for you - saving you the cost, risk and time of trying to build your own platform from scratch.
Your wiki will be:
- A fully functional wiki, allowing users to create articles and collaborate to edit and improve them.
- Branded with your colours, logo and strapline.
- Provided with its own home page that you can edit and update.
- Populated with pre-existing content from Designing Buildings Wiki so that it launches with articles already on it.
- Linked to other relevant content on Designing Buildings Wiki so it forms part of a comprehensive knowledge base used by 7.5 million people a year.
- Linked back to your website and social media channels so people can follow you and share your content.
We will design and develop your wiki ready for launch and moderate user behaviour once it's operational to ensure your reputation is protected with the minimum effort required from you.
And because your wiki will be within the existing Designing Buildings Wiki platform, it will be part of a site that already includes more than 9,000 articles and is used by 30,000 people a day.
We will charge you £5,000 a year to design, set up, operate and moderate your wiki.
We already have three operational specialist wikis:
|Conservation Wiki||BREEAM Wiki||BIM Wiki|
To find out more email [email protected].
Featured articles and news
The buildings and the people who live in them today. Book review.
The Victorian debate about the hazards of architectural improvements.
Discover the Winchester Mystery House.
Priorities for rail in the Midlands and the North.
Examining renovate-operate-transfer arrangements.
Proactive measures to secure property during extreme times.
Safety guidance from BSI released; comments requested.
Scour can make river currents structurally damaging.
Indoor environmental quality looks at air quality and other wellbeing factors.
A procurement method associated with Public Private Partnerships.
Infrastructure can use digital technology to encourage human growth.
Robotics and the construction industry.
ECA comments on CLC's three-phase recovery plan.
Their diplomatic and architectural history.
The origins of the six volume series.
Built to defend British waters, only to serve as pirate radio stations later.