- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Smart, fair sense of humour and determinedStudent
How do we keep investors interested in UK property?
"Property investments takes many forms, ranging from traditional, direct ownership and trading of tenanted land and buildings, to contemporary capital markets where revenues are traded as securities or indeed derivatives." (RICS 2013).
So I would suggest:
- A reduction in capital gains tax so as to improve the flexibility of sales and purchases of property. Moreover an investor may wish to retain property for a longer term for capital growth. An ever increasing capital gain tax does not make an investment viable.
- Shifting Central Business Districts (CBD's), by attracting specific groups of investors to targeted land will result in agglomeration of economies. The more prime land you have the higher our chances of attracting high quality tenants/ investors.
- The Estates Gazette's 2013 rich list of property investors has foreign investors in the top 10. Investing in regeneration schemes and properties for leisure. The UK has 66 000 hectares of brownfield land. Niche?
- With that said the government should provide incentives for ease of reclaiming land and encouraging redevelopment as it is more expensive/riskier to invest in brownfield land in comparison to greenfield land.
- Lower bank interest rates
- Add value to their existing investments; real or perceived. There must be potential opportunities to increase their investments value. For investors in industrial units, if new highways are constructed in close proximity to their property; it will add value to the investment for instance.
Featured articles and news
Understanding ethical risks and ensuring ethical behaviour.
A summary of the key announcements.
CIOB response to the Autumn budget.
Training reflects updated guidance in BSRIA BG 29/2021.
Complete list of 2021 winners now available.
Recognising past and present role models for the future.
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.