- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Smart, fair sense of humour and determinedStudent
How do we keep investors interested in UK property?
"Property investments takes many forms, ranging from traditional, direct ownership and trading of tenanted land and buildings, to contemporary capital markets where revenues are traded as securities or indeed derivatives." (RICS 2013).
So I would suggest:
- A reduction in capital gains tax so as to improve the flexibility of sales and purchases of property. Moreover an investor may wish to retain property for a longer term for capital growth. An ever increasing capital gain tax does not make an investment viable.
- Shifting Central Business Districts (CBD's), by attracting specific groups of investors to targeted land will result in agglomeration of economies. The more prime land you have the higher our chances of attracting high quality tenants/ investors.
- The Estates Gazette's 2013 rich list of property investors has foreign investors in the top 10. Investing in regeneration schemes and properties for leisure. The UK has 66 000 hectares of brownfield land. Niche?
- With that said the government should provide incentives for ease of reclaiming land and encouraging redevelopment as it is more expensive/riskier to invest in brownfield land in comparison to greenfield land.
- Lower bank interest rates
- Add value to their existing investments; real or perceived. There must be potential opportunities to increase their investments value. For investors in industrial units, if new highways are constructed in close proximity to their property; it will add value to the investment for instance.
Featured articles and news
From frost damage to sulphate attack, common causes of defects in brickwork.
Precautions to take when making advance payments.
Helping communities recover from disasters and protecting them before they occur.
Instrumentation for critical healthcare environments.
Case study in the use of soft landings at the University of the West of England.
Richard Rogers wins is the AIA’s highest annual honour.
A quick introduction to a healthier and more sustainable form of construction.
The structural feasibility of modular high-rise buildings.
BRE conference on ways of providing and maintaining quality indoor environments.
CDBB publish foundational definitions and values to guide the development of the National Digital Twin.
Despite the reduction in staffing, most users remain satisfied with the service.
We run through the top 37 styles in history - but how many would you recognise?