Smart, fair sense of humour and determinedStudent
How do we keep investors interested in UK property?
"Property investments takes many forms, ranging from traditional, direct ownership and trading of tenanted land and buildings, to contemporary capital markets where revenues are traded as securities or indeed derivatives." (RICS 2013).
So I would suggest:
- A reduction in capital gains tax so as to improve the flexibility of sales and purchases of property. Moreover an investor may wish to retain property for a longer term for capital growth. An ever increasing capital gain tax does not make an investment viable.
- Shifting Central Business Districts (CBD's), by attracting specific groups of investors to targeted land will result in agglomeration of economies. The more prime land you have the higher our chances of attracting high quality tenants/ investors.
- The Estates Gazette's 2013 rich list of property investors has foreign investors in the top 10. Investing in regeneration schemes and properties for leisure. The UK has 66 000 hectares of brownfield land. Niche?
- With that said the government should provide incentives for ease of reclaiming land and encouraging redevelopment as it is more expensive/riskier to invest in brownfield land in comparison to greenfield land.
- Lower bank interest rates
- Add value to their existing investments; real or perceived. There must be potential opportunities to increase their investments value. For investors in industrial units, if new highways are constructed in close proximity to their property; it will add value to the investment for instance.
Featured articles and news
A new concept unveiled to tackle the lack of sports facilities in inner cities.
'Open hand' designs revealed for a new entertainment complex in China.
Modernist architecture and its many international variations explained.
BRE support Europe-wide strategic heating plans for local and national authorities.
Work set to begin on 'one of America's greatest parks', which will be 10 times bigger than Central Park.
One of our most popular articles - RSHP's Mike Davies writes about the concept design process.
As Cuba mourn the death of Castro, major renovation of this symbolic landmark may be a reflection of the country's fresh start.
How cannabis plants are used to create an alternative building material with plenty of advantages.
What does Mayor Sadiq Khan's first policy statement mean for London's infrastructure?
Bjarke Ingels Group announced as winners of design competition for new residential landmark in Amsterdam.