Smart, fair sense of humour and determinedStudent
How do we keep investors interested in UK property?
"Property investments takes many forms, ranging from traditional, direct ownership and trading of tenanted land and buildings, to contemporary capital markets where revenues are traded as securities or indeed derivatives." (RICS 2013).
So I would suggest:
- A reduction in capital gains tax so as to improve the flexibility of sales and purchases of property. Moreover an investor may wish to retain property for a longer term for capital growth. An ever increasing capital gain tax does not make an investment viable.
- Shifting Central Business Districts (CBD's), by attracting specific groups of investors to targeted land will result in agglomeration of economies. The more prime land you have the higher our chances of attracting high quality tenants/ investors.
- The Estates Gazette's 2013 rich list of property investors has foreign investors in the top 10. Investing in regeneration schemes and properties for leisure. The UK has 66 000 hectares of brownfield land. Niche?
- With that said the government should provide incentives for ease of reclaiming land and encouraging redevelopment as it is more expensive/riskier to invest in brownfield land in comparison to greenfield land.
- Lower bank interest rates
- Add value to their existing investments; real or perceived. There must be potential opportunities to increase their investments value. For investors in industrial units, if new highways are constructed in close proximity to their property; it will add value to the investment for instance.
Featured articles and news
Eleven Magazine announce the winner and runners-up in their Moontopia competition.
As January is the time for hitting the gym, Designing Buildings Wiki lists the best gym architecture in the world.
London is at the top of the list of global construction megacities, beating Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
What are the innovative business models of the future, and how to incentivise supply chains to work on a whole life basis?
One of the largest churches in the world, the monumental St. Peter's Basilica.
How thermal comfort is quantified and how it can affect wellbeing.
Snøhetta complete a treehouse cabin that allows guests to lie beneath the Northern Lights.
Christiania is an anarchist 'freetown' in Copenhagen where strange and experimental architecture has flourished.
“UK waste data needs improving” say BRE specialists, in this summary of their report into construction waste.
UandI announce new joint venture with US developer to work on office refurbishment projects.
Why buildings crack, how cracks are categorised and what can be done.