- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
About Robert Dorritt
Chartered Engineer with over 30 years experience of highways.Engineer
 Educational and Professional Qualifications
BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
MSc (Distn) Building Surveying
CEng Chartered Engineer
MICE Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
MCMI Member of the Chartered Management Institute
ICIOB Incorporate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building
 Career History
2014 – Date: Chartered Engineer - Highways and Property
2006 – 2014: Freelance Consultant - Highways and Property
2001 – 2006: Hyder Consulting Ltd - Technical Director, Highways Maintenance
1994 - 2001: Hampshire County Council - Area Surveyor
1993 - 1994: Somerset County Council - Management Consultant
1989 – 1993: Somerset Landscape Management - General Manager
1979 – 1989: Somerset County Council - Assistant Divisional Surveyor
1971 – 1979: Somerset County Council - Bridge Engineer
 Key Experience
- Project management of maintenance and improvement schemes, including design, CDM, contract documents, drawings and tendering
- Reviewing options and financial modelling
- Providing advice to bidders, operators and clients
- Highways network management and the management of bridges, landscape and property maintenance
- Client and stakeholder liaison, and communicating at all levels
- Working to strict deadlines and budgets
Featured articles and news
Recognising past and present role models for the future.
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.