- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About Robert Dorritt
Chartered Engineer with over 30 years experience of highways.Engineer
 Educational and Professional Qualifications
BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
MSc (Distn) Building Surveying
CEng Chartered Engineer
MICE Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
MCMI Member of the Chartered Management Institute
ICIOB Incorporate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building
 Career History
2014 – Date: Chartered Engineer - Highways and Property
2006 – 2014: Freelance Consultant - Highways and Property
2001 – 2006: Hyder Consulting Ltd - Technical Director, Highways Maintenance
1994 - 2001: Hampshire County Council - Area Surveyor
1993 - 1994: Somerset County Council - Management Consultant
1989 – 1993: Somerset Landscape Management - General Manager
1979 – 1989: Somerset County Council - Assistant Divisional Surveyor
1971 – 1979: Somerset County Council - Bridge Engineer
 Key Experience
- Project management of maintenance and improvement schemes, including design, CDM, contract documents, drawings and tendering
- Reviewing options and financial modelling
- Providing advice to bidders, operators and clients
- Highways network management and the management of bridges, landscape and property maintenance
- Client and stakeholder liaison, and communicating at all levels
- Working to strict deadlines and budgets
Featured articles and news
From alabaster to travertine – how many types do you know?
Well-designed lighting helps maintain a healthy physiological and psychological balance.
Transferring the risk for obtaining the target BREEAM rating.
A simple but effective way to determine the root cause of an issue.
BSRIA report suggest the European market will double to 415 million Euros by 2023.
Why a wellbeing strategy is vital for property managers.
An ECA briefing for members about the commercial implications of leaving the EU.
A crucial moment on any project - and fraught with danger.
The performance gap from a Northern Ireland perspective.
Book review: Buildings of protestant nonconformity.
Design and testing for health and wellbeing - free download from BRE.