- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About Robert Dorritt
Chartered Engineer with over 30 years experience of highways.Engineer
 Educational and Professional Qualifications
BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
MSc (Distn) Building Surveying
CEng Chartered Engineer
MICE Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
MCMI Member of the Chartered Management Institute
ICIOB Incorporate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building
 Career History
2014 – Date: Chartered Engineer - Highways and Property
2006 – 2014: Freelance Consultant - Highways and Property
2001 – 2006: Hyder Consulting Ltd - Technical Director, Highways Maintenance
1994 - 2001: Hampshire County Council - Area Surveyor
1993 - 1994: Somerset County Council - Management Consultant
1989 – 1993: Somerset Landscape Management - General Manager
1979 – 1989: Somerset County Council - Assistant Divisional Surveyor
1971 – 1979: Somerset County Council - Bridge Engineer
 Key Experience
- Project management of maintenance and improvement schemes, including design, CDM, contract documents, drawings and tendering
- Reviewing options and financial modelling
- Providing advice to bidders, operators and clients
- Highways network management and the management of bridges, landscape and property maintenance
- Client and stakeholder liaison, and communicating at all levels
- Working to strict deadlines and budgets
Featured articles and news
Richard Rogers wins is the AIA’s highest annual honour.
A quick introduction to a healthier and more sustainable form of construction.
The structural feasibility of modular high-rise buildings.
BRE conference on ways of providing and maintaining quality indoor environments.
CDBB publish foundational definitions and values to guide the development of the National Digital Twin.
Despite the reduction in staffing, most users remain satisfied with the service.
We run through the top 37 styles in history - but how many would you recognise?
Improving approaches to risk in the built environment sector.
Megatrends: Smart Building Technology
Share your BREEAM knowledge to help improve the industry.