- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
About Robert Dorritt
Chartered Engineer with over 30 years experience of highways.Engineer
 Educational and Professional Qualifications
BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
MSc (Distn) Building Surveying
CEng Chartered Engineer
MICE Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
MCMI Member of the Chartered Management Institute
ICIOB Incorporate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building
 Career History
2014 – Date: Chartered Engineer - Highways and Property
2006 – 2014: Freelance Consultant - Highways and Property
2001 – 2006: Hyder Consulting Ltd - Technical Director, Highways Maintenance
1994 - 2001: Hampshire County Council - Area Surveyor
1993 - 1994: Somerset County Council - Management Consultant
1989 – 1993: Somerset Landscape Management - General Manager
1979 – 1989: Somerset County Council - Assistant Divisional Surveyor
1971 – 1979: Somerset County Council - Bridge Engineer
 Key Experience
- Project management of maintenance and improvement schemes, including design, CDM, contract documents, drawings and tendering
- Reviewing options and financial modelling
- Providing advice to bidders, operators and clients
- Highways network management and the management of bridges, landscape and property maintenance
- Client and stakeholder liaison, and communicating at all levels
- Working to strict deadlines and budgets
Featured articles and news
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Organisation receives accreditation from Investors in People.
Click the button to subscribe.
Communicating the right information at the right time.
Materials can take on different properties to control heat and glare.
Challenges in the construction sector and beyond.
Exploring brick and timber construction techniques.
On wheels or on platforms, micro dwellings are popping up everywhere.
Landlords must now comply with new repair regulations.
You can add articles and help improve knowledge in the construction industry.
Ayo Sokale explains the struggles of being neurodiverse.