List of unfinished buildings ( taken from http://www.unfinishedbuildings.org/ by Rick Edmondson)
- Siena Cathedral, Italy, where it all started
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Bay-Adelaide Centre, Toronto, Canada
- Beauvais Cathedral, Beauvais, France
- Bolton Priory tower, Bolton Abbey, West Yorkshire, UK
- Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, New York, USA
- Ministerie van Tewerkskelling en Arbeid, Bruges, Belgium
- The Duomo, Florence, Italy
- Freemasons Hall, Central London, UK
- Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, Liverpool, UK
- Longwood antebellum house, Natchez, Mississippi, USA
- Maida Vale Underground Station, London, UK
- Navrongo city centre, Ghana
- Norwich City Hall, Norfolk, UK
- Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich, London, UK
- Olimpijka unfinished bridge near Baranow, Masovia, Poland
- Palacio Legislativo Federal, Mexico City, Mexico
- Regatta Quays, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
- Ryugyong Hotel, Pyongyang, North Korea
- Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
- Szkieletor, Kraków, Poland
- Wickham's Department Store, Mile End Road, London's East End, UK
- Wonderland Theme Park, Beijing, China
- Woodchester Park Mansion, Stroud, Gloucester, UK
A further unfinished builidng is the Tower of David, Venezezula. Featured in the Homeland TV Series, USA version. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centro_Financiero_Confinanzas
Featured articles and news
We review a book aiming to unpick the complexities of building physics.
An introduction to the categories, procedures and types of listed buildings.
This Australian robotics firm have developed a bricklaying machine capable of building a house in 3 days.
20bn devices will be online by 2020, generating huge volumes of information. Is society making the most of this rich data?
Built over a period of 632 years, Cologne Cathedral is considered one of the world's finest examples of Gothic architecture.
UandI adds £1.5bn to development pipeline.
Here are 5 things leaders can do to create a truly circular economy.
Find out about the different types of delays on construction projects.
Researchers at Wien university have developed new system to create an inflatable concrete structure.
Take a look at this newly-opened tower in Chicago with a remarkable 20:1 height-to-base ratio.
The principles, practice and formwork of one of the most important components of modern architecture.