List of unfinished buildings ( taken from http://www.unfinishedbuildings.org/ by Rick Edmondson)
- Siena Cathedral, Italy, where it all started
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Bay-Adelaide Centre, Toronto, Canada
- Beauvais Cathedral, Beauvais, France
- Bolton Priory tower, Bolton Abbey, West Yorkshire, UK
- Cathedral of Saint John the Divine, New York, USA
- Ministerie van Tewerkskelling en Arbeid, Bruges, Belgium
- The Duomo, Florence, Italy
- Freemasons Hall, Central London, UK
- Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, Liverpool, UK
- Longwood antebellum house, Natchez, Mississippi, USA
- Maida Vale Underground Station, London, UK
- Navrongo city centre, Ghana
- Norwich City Hall, Norfolk, UK
- Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich, London, UK
- Olimpijka unfinished bridge near Baranow, Masovia, Poland
- Palacio Legislativo Federal, Mexico City, Mexico
- Regatta Quays, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
- Ryugyong Hotel, Pyongyang, North Korea
- Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
- Szkieletor, Kraków, Poland
- Wickham's Department Store, Mile End Road, London's East End, UK
- Wonderland Theme Park, Beijing, China
- Woodchester Park Mansion, Stroud, Gloucester, UK
A further unfinished builidng is the Tower of David, Venezezula. Featured in the Homeland TV Series, USA version. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centro_Financiero_Confinanzas
Featured articles and news
A quick introductory article about preliminaries in construction.
Brandenburg Gate - an historic structure that went from symbolising German partition to European unity.
A discussion between construction key players and leading insurers on the future outlook for construction insurance.
New guide from BSRIA on building performance evaluation in domestic buildings.
Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners complete new trio of towers at Sydney Harbour.
With a new government consultation underway, ICE look at creating a smarter, more flexible energy system.
International Ethics Standards Coalition publishes first set of ethics principles for built environment professionals.
British Antarctic Survey announces research station is to relocate 23km due to growing crack in the ice shelf.
A great example of mimetic architecture with the Fish Building of India.
Could e-bikes be a solution to congested and polluted urban centres?
Government publishes details of £500bn investment pipeline in infrastructure, described as the 'most comprehensive ever'.