- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 May 2014
Top ten tips for building design and construction projects
If you disagree with our top tips:
- Click on "discussion" above then edit the discussion page and add your tips.
- Or click on "submit comment" at the bottom of the page and send us your ideas.
1. Set it up properly right at the beginning. You won't have time later.
2. You can't do it all yourself. Pick the right people to help you and reward them for success.
3. Make sure you know what you want. Changes get more expensive as you go on.
During the life of a building:
9. Make sure you have a realistic contingency. But don’t tell anyone about it.
10. If it's not working out, make changes, or walk away.
Featured articles and news
A guide to daylight design for commercial buildings.
ECA research shows lack of preparation amongst survey respondents.
Smart mapping approaches for building better infrastructure.
The importance of emergency planning.
Eight forms of resource optimisation.
CIOB responds to Chancellor Sunak's announcement on jobs and the economy.
Revised guide to competition rules available.
Brick slip soffit systems and intricate brick features.
An innovative engineering approach could have had tragic consequence for NYC.
Some secrets behind how canals work.
Breaking down possible steps of pre-contract management.
ICE event includes comments from Welsh Government Minister Julie James.