- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 May 2014
Top ten tips for building design and construction projects
If you disagree with our top tips:
- Click on "discussion" above then edit the discussion page and add your tips.
- Or click on "submit comment" at the bottom of the page and send us your ideas.
1. Set it up properly right at the beginning. You won't have time later.
2. You can't do it all yourself. Pick the right people to help you and reward them for success.
3. Make sure you know what you want. Changes get more expensive as you go on.
During the life of a building:
9. Make sure you have a realistic contingency. But don’t tell anyone about it.
10. If it's not working out, make changes, or walk away.
Featured articles and news
If it is not planned properly even simple a activity can kill.
A disgruntled or ignored stakeholder can easily derail your hard work.
Next generation cementitious materials
Still going strong...one of the great buildings of the 20th century.
Review of the bible for heritage assets and their management.
The David Lloyd Lymington Sports Village was 'Commended' in CIAT's 2018 AT Awards.
How do we make the smart city a reality?
Sir Nicholas Grimshaw has been awarded the UK’s highest honour for architecture.
Protecting the construction industry from Brexit.
Conceiving buildings collaboratively, testing them virtually.
Effective collaboration in post-disaster response and recovery