- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 01 Jan 2021
Top ten tips for building design and construction projects
Top ten tips for the perfect project
If you disagree with our top tips:
- Click on "discussion" above then edit the discussion page and add your tips.
- Or click on "submit comment" at the bottom of the page and send us your ideas.
1. Set it up properly right at the beginning. You won't have time later.
2. You can't do it all yourself. Pick the right people to help you and reward them for success.
3. Make sure you know what you want. Changes get more expensive as you go on.
9. Make sure you have a realistic contingency. But don’t tell anyone about it.
10. If it's not working out, make changes, or walk away.
Featured articles and news
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC