- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Oct 2017
Tomorrow's challenges in today's buildings - terms and conditions
- The judges’ decision is final and not subject to appeal. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Designing Buildings Ltd (DBL) reserves the right to present no prize if an insufficient number of deserving entries is received.
- DBL reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to use names, entry details and information about participants without obtaining further consent from the participant or providing any payment whatsoever to the participant for any commercial or non-commercial endeavours, publicity, advertising, trade or promotion in perpetuity.
- DBL reserves the right to modify the format and content of entries for publication purposes.
- DBL will not be responsible or liable for any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in submitting entries to the competition.
- DBL will not be responsible or liable for any costs, problems, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to the participants resulting from their participation in the competition.
- DBL reserves the right to disqualify any participant that it determines is directly or indirectly tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition and/or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these terms and conditions.
- Entries may reference (and hyperlink) other sources, but must not plagiarise them. Quotes and references must be clearly marked. Any form of plagiarism may result in disqualification. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party (including the use of images) or any other laws.
- Entries may only be submitted online following the instructions provided.
- Late entries will not be considered by the judges as part of this competition.
- DBL is responsible for administering this competition. BSRIA is responsible for awarding the prize.
- All enquiries should be directed to DBL at [email protected]uk. BSRIA will not enter into any correspondence.
- Entries should be submitted in English.
- Entry to the competition is deemed an acceptance of DBL’s general terms and conditions of use.
Featured articles and news
The seismic strengthening of historic churches.
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.
What type of cool roof is most suitable?
Active Travel programme prioritises cyclists and pedestrians.
CIAT issues caution for use of new standard.
Industry leaders discuss climate change, the economy and other influences.
The building manager is key to operations.
The impact Scotland’s dynamic coast has on the historic environment.