- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 28 Aug 2020
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB part of BRE Global) sets the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB’s Loss Prevention Standards (LPS) are applied in fire and security sectors around the world.
The Loss Prevention Standard (LSP 2082 : Issue 1.0), published by BRE Global in 2017, defines security manager(s) as: ‘A security role appointed by the Responsible Person(s) or Employer Representative(s).’
Where the responsible persons(s) is:
- the person(s) in control of the facility (as occupier or otherwise) in connection with the carrying on by him of a trade, business or other undertaking (for profit or not); or
- the owner(s), where the person(s) in control of the premises does not have control in connection with the carrying on by that person of a trade, business or other undertaking.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- BRE National Security Survey.
- BREEAM Safety and security.
- Building Research Establishment.
- Facility Security Risk Management Plan.
- Facility security manager.
- Loss Prevention Certification Board.
- Project security manager.
- Security management plan.
Featured articles and news
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.