- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 28 Aug 2020
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB part of BRE Global) sets the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB’s Loss Prevention Standards (LPS) are applied in fire and security sectors around the world.
The Loss Prevention Standard (LSP 2082 : Issue 1.0), published by BRE Global in 2017, defines security manager(s) as: ‘A security role appointed by the Responsible Person(s) or Employer Representative(s).’
Where the responsible persons(s) is:
- the person(s) in control of the facility (as occupier or otherwise) in connection with the carrying on by him of a trade, business or other undertaking (for profit or not); or
- the owner(s), where the person(s) in control of the premises does not have control in connection with the carrying on by that person of a trade, business or other undertaking.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- BRE National Security Survey.
- BREEAM Safety and security.
- Building Research Establishment.
- Facility Security Risk Management Plan.
- Facility security manager.
- Loss Prevention Certification Board.
- Project security manager.
- Security management plan.
Featured articles and news
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.