- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Feb 2021
In the construction industry, the word 'pitch' can refer to:
- A sloping or 'pitched' roof.
- The angle of inclination between the horizontal and a line connecting the nosings of a stair.
- The angle of any other sloping elements above the horizontal.
- A presentation or submission intended to win a contract.
- A viscous material extracted from petroleum, coal tar, or plants that can be used to seal wooden containers or in road or roof construction. Generally the work 'pitch' is used to refer to more viscous varieties, while 'tar' is used to refer to more liquid varieties.
Featured articles and news
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.