- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 25 Nov 2020
Fire principles of prevention
- Avoiding risks.
- Evaluating the risks which cannot be avoided.
- Combating the risks at source.
- Adapting to technical progress.
- Replacing the dangerous by the non-dangerous or less dangerous.
- Developing a coherent overall prevention policy which covers technology, organisation of work and the influence of factors relating to the working environment.
- Giving collective protective measures priority over individual protective measures.
- Giving appropriate instructions to employees.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Fire and rescue service.
- Fire authority.
- Fire detection and alarm system.
- Fire door inspector.
- Fire Door Inspection Scheme.
- Fire inspector.
- Fire Prevention on Construction Sites.
- Fire protection engineering.
- Joint fire code.
- Means of escape.
- Responsible person.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Visual alarm devices - their effectiveness in warning of fire.
Featured articles and news
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.