- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 06 Oct 2020
Community liaison officer
A community liaison officer (CLO), sometimes referred to as a local liaison officer, communicates and coordinates activities between an organisation and a community. Typically, this might be required where an organisation such as a property developer has a significant interaction with the general public.
The specific role of a CLO will vary depending on the nature of the project, but typical responsibilities might include:
- Gathering and sharing information.
- Fostering an environment that encourages and supports community involvement and engagement.
- Giving presentations to community organisations.
- Hosting or attending community meetings, allowing attendees to express concerns and raise issues.
- Leading community development activities, such as ‘fun days’, apprenticeships, work experience schemes, lectures, and so on.
- Building a ‘community spirit’ around a project.
- Ensure planning obligations are met.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The decarbonisation transition has begun.
Can smart homes take care of their occupants?
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.
ECA states concerns over the Government's disparate plans.
Net zero carbon future - necessity, not choice - was the event's focus.
CIOB event spotlighted sustainability strategies in the region.