- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 20 Jun 2017
Community liaison officer
A liaison officer communicates and coordinates activities between two organisations.
A community liaison officer (CLO), sometimes referred to as a local liaison officer, communicates and coordinates activities between an organisation and a community. Typically, this might be required where an organisation such as a property developer has a significant interaction with the general public.
The specific role of a CLO will vary depending on the nature of the project, but typical responsibilities might include:
- Gathering and sharing information.
- Fostering an environment that encourages and supports community involvement and engagement.
- Giving presentations to community organisations.
- Hosting or attending community meetings, allowing attendees to express concerns and raise issues.
- Leading community development activities, such as ‘fun days’, apprenticeships, work experience schemes, lectures, and so on.
- Building a ‘community spirit’ around a project.
- Ensure planning obligations are met.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Dos and don'ts for creating a smart home.
New ICE publication recommends pay-as-you-go tax to fund roads and other financing options.
BSRIA launches a White Paper on wearable technology and wellbeing in buildings.
Have the pressures of the market shredded the core values of professionalism?
Lead times are a measure of the amount of time that elapses between initiating and completing a construction process.
Government releases first tranche of funding for removal of unsafe high-rise cladding.
How to ensure UK transport infrastructure copes with severe winter weather.
Location shortlist for controversial new footbridge revealed.
Under the Party Wall Act a property owner has the legal right to do works that might otherwise constitute trespass or nuisance.
The rainbow JCB will be making a welcome return to the London Build Expo on 23 and 24 October at Olympia.