- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 20 Jun 2017
Community liaison officer
A liaison officer communicates and coordinates activities between two organisations.
A community liaison officer (CLO), sometimes referred to as a local liaison officer, communicates and coordinates activities between an organisation and a community. Typically, this might be required where an organisation such as a property developer has a significant interaction with the general public.
The specific role of a CLO will vary depending on the nature of the project, but typical responsibilities might include:
- Gathering and sharing information.
- Fostering an environment that encourages and supports community involvement and engagement.
- Giving presentations to community organisations.
- Hosting or attending community meetings, allowing attendees to express concerns and raise issues.
- Leading community development activities, such as ‘fun days’, apprenticeships, work experience schemes, lectures, and so on.
- Building a ‘community spirit’ around a project.
- Ensure planning obligations are met.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A PQP describes the activities, standards, tools and processes necessary to achieve quality in a project's delivery.
How Lidl has been actively working to reinforce their brand through sustainability.
Association of British Insurers describe full-scale cladding tests as 'utterly inadequate'.
This article examines the changing policy commitments and evolving definitions of the zero carbon home.
Researchers believe they may have created a 'game-changing' new form of concrete using graphene.
Grouting refers to the injection of materials into a soil or rock formation to change its physical characteristics.
Part of Designing Buildings Wiki, BREEAM Wiki will advance knowledge sharing for the BRE family of sustainability tools.
From the decorative to the utilitarian, and from the photographed to the forgotten.
New BRE book considers the progression from project-based knowledge creation to whole-life urban knowledge management.
This CIOB article explores the concept of value in building design and construction.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners' release new images of soon-to-open 3WTC tower in New York.
A document can be called a bond or a guarantee. Does the name matter and what is the difference between them?