- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 22 May 2014
Articles about products and services
Products and services are a key part of the construction industry. Without them nothing could be built. As a result, we welcome factual articles about products and services on Designing Buildings Wiki.
Just follow these simple rules:
- Think encyclopaedia not magazine. Give facts not opinion.
- Articles should not be promotional, they should offer guidance, not adverts.
- Be balanced. Adopt a neutral position, listing both positive and negative characteristics.
- Think about what an independent commentator would write. You should never need to write 'I' or 'we'.
- Generic articles attract more readers. An article about lifts written by Otis will attract far more readers than an article about Otis lifts.
Please reserve promotional information about your company for your page about me. You create this page when you register on Designing Buildings Wiki. It can include contact details, links to your website and marketing material including images and logos, and anything else you care to add.
Your profile will then appear at the top of the article. See user signature for more information.
To get started, just click the big orange button.
Featured articles and news
When is there a right to light, and what happens if it is obstructed?
What would the nationalisation of economic infrastructure mean for GB?
A new guide to improving value by reducing design error.
We've reached 80,000 page views a day and 10,000 registered users. Why not join them?
A masterplan is a framework within which a location is encouraged to develop or change. Read our introductory article.
New consultation announced on a specialist Housing Court to settle landlord-tenant disputes.
ICE responds to a transport consultation advising the government to make decisions enabling more inclusive cities.
BRE and Loughborough University complete first phase refurbishment of demonstration home.
How the risk of collapse of fibrous plaster ceilings is being addressed in theatres.
If you’re a great writer and have practical experience of the construction industry, it could be you.
Frustrated by long documents or technical jargon? Put off by sign-up forms or costs? Take this 5 min survey to help improve construction knowledge.