- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
I currently work for a housing association as a trainee building surveyor.Surveyor
How do we keep investors interested in UK property?
My idea would be to turn the property into a 'Property Managed Fund'.
This could include:
- Comercial/domestic property with potential for improvement or high rent value
- Land where planning permission could be obtained
- Bonds from housing associations for income/low risk
- Equity shares of newhome builders for growth and liquidity.
- The fund could also have the potential to lend money to smaller property developers, that perhaps would not be able to obtain a mortgage and could charge a much higher interest rate on the basis the money would be paid back in full fairly quickly.
- A charitable elemnet, such as, investing in young people for appreticeship courses (this would also generate advertisement).
From the value of the funds assets, shares would be created and Investors would have the oportunity to invest in property, without the risk of having all their 'eggs in one basket'.
No deposit would be needed and no need to get a mortgage.
Depending on market conditions, the portfolio of the fund could be adjusted. I.e When property prices are falling, the rent values would increase and a larger percentage of bonds could be bought.
Also, people would be able to invest within a stocks and shares ISA allowance and would not pay tax on any captial gain.
Featured articles and news
From frost damage to sulphate attack, common causes of defects in brickwork.
Precautions to take when making advance payments.
Helping communities recover from disasters and protecting them before they occur.
Instrumentation for critical healthcare environments.
Case study in the use of soft landings at the University of the West of England.
Richard Rogers wins is the AIA’s highest annual honour.
A quick introduction to a healthier and more sustainable form of construction.
The structural feasibility of modular high-rise buildings.
BRE conference on ways of providing and maintaining quality indoor environments.
CDBB publish foundational definitions and values to guide the development of the National Digital Twin.
Despite the reduction in staffing, most users remain satisfied with the service.
We run through the top 37 styles in history - but how many would you recognise?