- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
I currently work for a housing association as a trainee building surveyor.Surveyor
How do we keep investors interested in UK property?
My idea would be to turn the property into a 'Property Managed Fund'.
This could include:
- Comercial/domestic property with potential for improvement or high rent value
- Land where planning permission could be obtained
- Bonds from housing associations for income/low risk
- Equity shares of newhome builders for growth and liquidity.
- The fund could also have the potential to lend money to smaller property developers, that perhaps would not be able to obtain a mortgage and could charge a much higher interest rate on the basis the money would be paid back in full fairly quickly.
- A charitable elemnet, such as, investing in young people for appreticeship courses (this would also generate advertisement).
From the value of the funds assets, shares would be created and Investors would have the oportunity to invest in property, without the risk of having all their 'eggs in one basket'.
No deposit would be needed and no need to get a mortgage.
Depending on market conditions, the portfolio of the fund could be adjusted. I.e When property prices are falling, the rent values would increase and a larger percentage of bonds could be bought.
Also, people would be able to invest within a stocks and shares ISA allowance and would not pay tax on any captial gain.
Featured articles and news
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Organisation receives accreditation from Investors in People.
Click the button to subscribe.
Communicating the right information at the right time.
Materials can take on different properties to control heat and glare.
Challenges in the construction sector and beyond.
Exploring brick and timber construction techniques.
On wheels or on platforms, micro dwellings are popping up everywhere.
Landlords must now comply with new repair regulations.
You can add articles and help improve knowledge in the construction industry.
Ayo Sokale explains the struggles of being neurodiverse.