- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
I currently work for a housing association as a trainee building surveyor.Surveyor
How do we keep investors interested in UK property?
My idea would be to turn the property into a 'Property Managed Fund'.
This could include:
- Comercial/domestic property with potential for improvement or high rent value
- Land where planning permission could be obtained
- Bonds from housing associations for income/low risk
- Equity shares of newhome builders for growth and liquidity.
- The fund could also have the potential to lend money to smaller property developers, that perhaps would not be able to obtain a mortgage and could charge a much higher interest rate on the basis the money would be paid back in full fairly quickly.
- A charitable elemnet, such as, investing in young people for appreticeship courses (this would also generate advertisement).
From the value of the funds assets, shares would be created and Investors would have the oportunity to invest in property, without the risk of having all their 'eggs in one basket'.
No deposit would be needed and no need to get a mortgage.
Depending on market conditions, the portfolio of the fund could be adjusted. I.e When property prices are falling, the rent values would increase and a larger percentage of bonds could be bought.
Also, people would be able to invest within a stocks and shares ISA allowance and would not pay tax on any captial gain.
Featured articles and news
The Chartered Quality Institute explain the pathway to success for organisations implementing management systems.
An introductory article looking at where a duty of care can arise in the construction industry.
House of Lords committee encourages the use of off-site manufacturing in new report.
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) can go some way to show the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
The shortlist for the 2018 prize for the UK's best new building is revealed.
Amendment to Bill aims to provide councils with greater powers to increase tax premiums on empty homes.
As the latest summer blockbuster 'Skyscraper' is released, we look at some of the best uses of buildings in film.
Read our introductory article on how to layout a building.
New cross-party report calls for combustible cladding ban to be extended to all high-rise residential buildings.
Dr Nicholas Falk, director of the URBED Trust, explains why metro cities are the future of urbanisation.