- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
My name is Chris and I studied construction at college and architecture at university in the UK
My interests are:
- Architecture and Architecture History
- Structures, construction technology & techniques, and services
- Materials and Science
- Surveying Processes
- Art & Design
- World History
- Antoni Gaudi, Frank Lloyd Wright and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
- Organic Architecture, and Sustainability
- Architectural Graphics, Draughtsmanship and Computer Aided Design (CAD).
Featured articles and news
From frost damage to sulphate attack, common causes of defects in brickwork.
Precautions to take when making advance payments.
Helping communities recover from disasters and protecting them before they occur.
Instrumentation for critical healthcare environments.
Case study in the use of soft landings at the University of the West of England.
Richard Rogers wins is the AIA’s highest annual honour.
A quick introduction to a healthier and more sustainable form of construction.
The structural feasibility of modular high-rise buildings.
BRE conference on ways of providing and maintaining quality indoor environments.
CDBB publish foundational definitions and values to guide the development of the National Digital Twin.
Despite the reduction in staffing, most users remain satisfied with the service.
We run through the top 37 styles in history - but how many would you recognise?