Social value: Gearing up for giving back
Denise Chevin’s article published in Construction Manager back in 2014 looks at the background to what drove the social value agenda. This included the Social Value Act as well as cuts to council budgets resulted in major clients looking not just a price, but what can be delivered to meet local needs.
--Steve Sugden 16:27, 26 Jun 2020 (BST)
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Building people.
- Building diversity in construction.
- Building social value.
- Equality and diversity: good practice for the construction sector.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Equality Act.
- Social Value Act.
- Social value and design of the built environment.
- Social value in new development.
- Women in the construction industry.
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.