- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 30 Sep 2020
The term ‘settlement’ can refer to:
- Seeking, or being granted Indefinite leave to remain in a country.
- The conclusion of a negotiation, such as the resolution of a dispute or contract agreement. See Court settlement process, Settlement mediation and Tender settlement for more information.
- A place in which people have established a community.
- The downward movement of the ground caused by a load consolidating the soil below it or causing displacement of the soil. See Settlement of buildings for more information.
Featured articles and news
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.
Environment Agency publishes BAT guidance.
CLC guidance outlines carbon reduction priorities.
Making the most of a staycation.
Organisation urges G20 to revisit wind energy.
The historian spent much of his life compiling architectural resources.