- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 31 Oct 2018
The term ‘settlement’ can refer to:
- Seeking, or being granted Indefinite leave to remain in a country.
- The conclusion of a negotiation, such as the resolution of a dispute or contract agreement. See Court settlement process, Settlement mediation and Tender settlement for more information.
- A place in which people have established a community.
- The downward movement of the ground caused by a load consolidating the soil below it or causing displacement of the soil. See Settlement of buildings for more information.
Featured articles and news
Achieving an alternative route into the profession.
Why construction is so corrupt.
Restoration of Alfred Waterhouse’s Manchester Town Hall.
Widening access to hidden architectural treasures.
A material with exciting potential.
ECA-partnered survey shows the clear benefits of offsite.
Hire for potential, not competence.
A single knowledge hub for global infrastructure.
Compliance in construction.
The growth of the smart homes market.
Giving professional advice to friends.