- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 31 Oct 2018
The term ‘settlement’ can refer to:
- Seeking, or being granted Indefinite leave to remain in a country.
- The conclusion of a negotiation, such as the resolution of a dispute or contract agreement. See Court settlement process, Settlement mediation and Tender settlement for more information.
- A place in which people have established a community.
- The downward movement of the ground caused by a load consolidating the soil below it or causing displacement of the soil. See Settlement of buildings for more information.
Featured articles and news
What is the cost of not getting it right first time?
The government announces a new role as part of a wider package of safety reform.
Lessons for the next UK road investment strategy.
Architectural Technology Studio 3
Construction Industry Advisory Committee CONIAC
The real impact of late payment.
How to tell which infrastructure projects will work.
The government announces the biggest change in building safety for a generation.
Key messages from the UN COP 25 conference.
Reducing the risks of buying off-plan
A lighthouse history from Eddystone to Fastnet. Book review.
Telling the story of the Government Code and Cipher School.
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?