- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 30 Sep 2020
The term ‘settlement’ can refer to:
- Seeking, or being granted Indefinite leave to remain in a country.
- The conclusion of a negotiation, such as the resolution of a dispute or contract agreement. See Court settlement process, Settlement mediation and Tender settlement for more information.
- A place in which people have established a community.
- The downward movement of the ground caused by a load consolidating the soil below it or causing displacement of the soil. See Settlement of buildings for more information.
Featured articles and news
These post-WWII modular buildings were unpopular, yet ubiquitous.
What's the verdict from the court of public opinion?
Shift to home-based work influences closed plan preferences.
An overview of the current state of the market.
Organisation offers best practices for construction and modification.
Heritage on the edge?
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.