- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Feb 2021
Self adhesive foam tapes
This article is all about different kinds of self adhesive foam tapes and what they are used for.
1) Acrylic Foam Tape: High efficiency bonding products specifically designed for industrial applications to provide engineered assembly solutions. A good acrylic foam tape is helpful in creating strong and powerful bonds.
2) Low Tack Tape: A high tack acrylic adhesive. Mostly available in blue, low tack tape is used in separating and protecting sealed units and glass whilst in storage or transit. These tapes are used in particular in the transportation of heavy and brittle objects.
3) Closed Cell Foam Tape: Comes in a roll with a high strength acrylic adhesive to protect against dust, noise, moisture and vibrations. The high quality adhesive on one of its side is used in sealing, cushioning and absorbing vibration.
4) Single Sided PVC Foam Tape: Used to form a compression water/air/dust seal and to prevent electrolytic corrosion. These tapes are suited to both indoor and outdoor environments, such as a cushioning in heavy duty applications or mounting in anti slip applications.
Featured articles and news
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.