- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Feb 2021
Self adhesive foam tapes
This article is all about different kinds of self adhesive foam tapes and what they are used for.
1) Acrylic Foam Tape: High efficiency bonding products specifically designed for industrial applications to provide engineered assembly solutions. A good acrylic foam tape is helpful in creating strong and powerful bonds.
2) Low Tack Tape: A high tack acrylic adhesive. Mostly available in blue, low tack tape is used in separating and protecting sealed units and glass whilst in storage or transit. These tapes are used in particular in the transportation of heavy and brittle objects.
3) Closed Cell Foam Tape: Comes in a roll with a high strength acrylic adhesive to protect against dust, noise, moisture and vibrations. The high quality adhesive on one of its side is used in sealing, cushioning and absorbing vibration.
4) Single Sided PVC Foam Tape: Used to form a compression water/air/dust seal and to prevent electrolytic corrosion. These tapes are suited to both indoor and outdoor environments, such as a cushioning in heavy duty applications or mounting in anti slip applications.
Featured articles and news
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.