- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Feb 2021
Self adhesive foam tapes
This article is all about different kinds of self adhesive foam tapes and what they are used for.
1) Acrylic Foam Tape: High efficiency bonding products specifically designed for industrial applications to provide engineered assembly solutions. A good acrylic foam tape is helpful in creating strong and powerful bonds.
2) Low Tack Tape: A high tack acrylic adhesive. Mostly available in blue, low tack tape is used in separating and protecting sealed units and glass whilst in storage or transit. These tapes are used in particular in the transportation of heavy and brittle objects.
3) Closed Cell Foam Tape: Comes in a roll with a high strength acrylic adhesive to protect against dust, noise, moisture and vibrations. The high quality adhesive on one of its side is used in sealing, cushioning and absorbing vibration.
4) Single Sided PVC Foam Tape: Used to form a compression water/air/dust seal and to prevent electrolytic corrosion. These tapes are suited to both indoor and outdoor environments, such as a cushioning in heavy duty applications or mounting in anti slip applications.
Featured articles and news
Paul Morrell to lead independent review of the construction products testing regime.
Standard will help employers foster wellbeing and manage psychosocial risks.
Global fire standards for safety of people and property.
An introduction to the 5 core principles of lean.
Can the profession use its skills to save the world from climate change?
How faulty science resulted in sanitation reform.
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Click the button to subscribe.