- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 16 Aug 2016
Media sales manager, construction industry
The deadline has now passed. If you applied, we will be in touch in the next week.
- South West London.
- £30-35k (OTE £50k).
- Minimum 3 years' experience of B2B media sales in the construction industry.
- Deadline 15 August 2016.
Designing Buildings Wiki is the construction industry knowledge base. Anyone can create articles about subjects they know and find articles about subjects they don't. Launched in 2012, Designing Buildings Wiki has grown rapidly and is now used by 10,000 people a day.
We are looking to expand our income stream by developing content marketing, sponsorship and advertising packages.
About the job
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual to nurture our existing clients and develop new media sales opportunities, from lead sourcing to deal closure. This will involve developing media solutions, identifying and approaching potential advertisers, sponsors and other partners, and securing deals.
This is a new role that offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of an important construction industry resource.
The successful candidate will develop a pipeline for business, maintain client relationships, and prepare regular sales projections and management information. They will work closely with the editor to co-ordinate activities, will represent the organisation at meetings and attend industry events.
We are based in South West London. There is some flexibility to work from home and to work flexible hours.
The successful individual will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of B2B media sales in the construction industry.
- A good working knowledge of digital advertising.
- Experience in the management of sales operations.
- An existing address book of construction industry companies and agencies.
- The drive and knowhow to build a database of new clients.
- Experience at accessing the right contacts to present pitches.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- A track record of securing deals and meeting targets.
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
How to apply
To apply, email your CV to [email protected] by 5:00pm on 15 August 2016.
Featured articles and news
How many can you name? 37 anyone?
CIOB respond to the points-based system.
When is the weather considered 'exceptionally adverse'?
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.
What does 'curtilage' mean and why does it matter?
Our duty to prevent harm and protect each other.
A quality perspective.
If buildings were people, they would be just starting to walk on two legs.
Air filtration and clean air standards.
The Dukes of Normandy and the second world war.
Conserving structures in historic designed landscapes.