Diversity – Are these our true colours?
Published in Construction Manager 2015, Elaine Knutt explores efforts that have been made to address diversity in construction. One area raised is the disconnect between boardroom and site and how often equality is seen as a problem, not the solution. The piece does recognise that there are companies that are pushing the diversity and inclusion agenda but also warns that, going forward, a lack of diversity will disincentivise young people from all backgrounds considering the industry as a career.
--Steve Sugden 15:22, 26 Jun 2020 (BST)
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.