- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 16 Dec 2020
Designing Buildings Anywhere
 Look up construction terms direct from any website
Want to speed up your research? Want check information without leaving the page you’re on?
This easy-to-use add-on for the Firefox browser gives you instant access to 20,000 definitions, explanations and acronyms on Designing Buildings Wiki while you’re browsing. Simply highlight construction terms on any website and a window will pop up explaining what they are.
Designing Buildings Anywhere is totally free and takes less than a minute to add to Firefox. Try it now.
 How to get Designing Buildings Anywhere
- Open the Firefox browser, or download it if you don't already have it.
- Go to the Designing Buildings Anywhere page in the Firefox add-ons store.
- Click 'Add to Firefox'.
- Give the add-on permission.
- The Designing Buildings icon will appear in your Firefox toolbar.
 Open a new browser tab or restart Firefox to activate the add-on.
- Now go to any website, highlight some text and it will be looked up on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- If there's a match the page will open in a pop-up window, if there isn't a match, search results will open. If there's no match and you want to create the page, click 'Click here to create the page'
- If you want to open the pop-up window full-screen, click the orange Designing Buildings Wiki header at the top of the pop-up.
- To close the pop-up, click anywhere else on the screen.
- To disable the add-on, click the Designing Buildings icon in the Firefox toolbar and then untick 'Enable Lookup'. The icon will grey out.
- To re-enable the add-on, click the Designing Buildings icon in the Firefox toolbar and click 'Enable Lookup'. The icon will go black.
Download Designing Buildings Anywhere at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/designing-buildings-anywhere/
Designing Buildings Anywhere works on the Firefox browser for desktop and laptop devices. It does not work on mobile devices or tablets as these do not operate the full version of Firefox.
If you have any problems, email us at [email protected].
If you have any suggestions, click 'Add a comment' below and tell us what you think.
Featured articles and news
Exploring the key to the adoption of this abundant energy source.
His clients have ranged from Liberace to St Nick to world-class athletes.
These tactical structures can be permanent or temporary.
Organisation recognises milestones of the project's next phase.
Welding and metalworking businesses must manage respiratory risks.
New report explores how regulations are being put into action.
The golden thread and BS 8644-1.
Bitumen binder may delay road surface deterioration.
A varied portfolio of internationally recognised buildings.
Threatened by housing and expanding universities.
Getting "boots on the ground" to make things happen.
Building systems may begin to learn.
CIOB to recognise Client of the Year and Team of the Year.
PAS 9980 PAS 9980:2021 addresses fire risk appraisal and assessment.