- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 27 Apr 2020
Designing Buildings Anywhere
 Look up construction terms direct from any website
Want to speed up your research? Want check information without leaving the page you’re on?
This easy-to-use add-on for the Firefox browser gives you instant access to 20,000 definitions, explanations and acronyms on Designing Buildings Wiki while you’re browsing. Simply highlight construction terms on any website and a window will pop up explaining what they are.
Designing Buildings Anywhere is totally free and takes less than a minute to add to Firefox. Try it now.
 How to get Designing Buildings Anywhere
- Open the Firefox browser, or download it if you don't already have it.
- Go to the Designing Buildings Anywhere page in the Firefox add-ons store.
- Click 'Add to Firefox'.
- Give the add-on permission.
- The Designing Buildings icon will appear in your Firefox toolbar.
 Open a new browser tab or restart Firefox to activate the add-on.
- Now go to any website, highlight some text and it will be looked up on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- If there's a match the page will open in a pop-up window, if there isn't a match, search results will open. If there's no match and you want to create the page, click 'Click here to create the page'
- If you want to open the pop-up window full-screen, click the orange Designing Buildings Wiki header at the top of the pop-up.
- To close the pop-up, click anywhere else on the screen.
- To disable the add-on, click the Designing Buildings icon in the Firefox toolbar and then untick 'Enable Lookup'. The icon will grey out.
- To re-enable the add-on, click the Designing Buildings icon in the Firefox toolbar and click 'Enable Lookup'. The icon will go black.
Download Designing Buildings Anywhere at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/designing-buildings-anywhere/
Designing Buildings Anywhere works on the Firefox browser for desktop and laptop devices. It does not work on mobile devices or tablets as these do not operate the full version of Firefox.
If you have any problems, email us at [email protected].
If you have any suggestions, click 'Add a comment' below and tell us what you think.
Featured articles and news
Framework examines social value of projects.
RfX or Request for [fill in the blank].
Organisation establishes Equality, Diversity, Inclusion taskforce.
Government announces plans for new building projects.
Outsourcing method to procure and manage supplies.
Joint support of Local Authority Historic Environment and Conservation Services.
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is an outstanding achievement.
Buildings of the interwar years. Book review.
Ireland’s climate change sectoral adaptation plan.
Rethinking the acoustics of the office.
Various deterrent measures can help managers deal with avian problems.
Groups send message to government.
Mark Beard FCIOB shares thoughts on changes in the construction industry.
The three layers in modern laminates have specific functions.
The CIOB and UK BIM Alliance announce formal affiliation.