- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 16 Dec 2020
Designing Buildings Anywhere
 Look up construction terms direct from any website
Want to speed up your research? Want check information without leaving the page you’re on?
This easy-to-use add-on for the Firefox browser gives you instant access to 20,000 definitions, explanations and acronyms on Designing Buildings Wiki while you’re browsing. Simply highlight construction terms on any website and a window will pop up explaining what they are.
Designing Buildings Anywhere is totally free and takes less than a minute to add to Firefox. Try it now.
 How to get Designing Buildings Anywhere
- Open the Firefox browser, or download it if you don't already have it.
- Go to the Designing Buildings Anywhere page in the Firefox add-ons store.
- Click 'Add to Firefox'.
- Give the add-on permission.
- The Designing Buildings icon will appear in your Firefox toolbar.
 Open a new browser tab or restart Firefox to activate the add-on.
- Now go to any website, highlight some text and it will be looked up on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- If there's a match the page will open in a pop-up window, if there isn't a match, search results will open. If there's no match and you want to create the page, click 'Click here to create the page'
- If you want to open the pop-up window full-screen, click the orange Designing Buildings Wiki header at the top of the pop-up.
- To close the pop-up, click anywhere else on the screen.
- To disable the add-on, click the Designing Buildings icon in the Firefox toolbar and then untick 'Enable Lookup'. The icon will grey out.
- To re-enable the add-on, click the Designing Buildings icon in the Firefox toolbar and click 'Enable Lookup'. The icon will go black.
Download Designing Buildings Anywhere at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/designing-buildings-anywhere/
Designing Buildings Anywhere works on the Firefox browser for desktop and laptop devices. It does not work on mobile devices or tablets as these do not operate the full version of Firefox.
If you have any problems, email us at [email protected].
If you have any suggestions, click 'Add a comment' below and tell us what you think.
Featured articles and news
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.
Smart built environments can be designed around the requirements of real people.
Consistency is at the core of realistic strategies.
Entries being accepted until 20 November 2021.
Fuller’s legacy in the field of resource management.