- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Feb 2018
Construction industry statistics
This article presents links to sources of construction industry statistics. This has become more difficult since the Office for National Statistics stopped compiling the full range of data sets in their Construction Statistics Annual.
NB In a letter from Ed Humpherson, Director General for Regulation at the UK Statistics Authority, to John Pullinger, National Statistician, on 11 December 2014, it was made clear that UK statistics for Construction Output and New Orders can no longer be designated as National Statistics. See Construction statistics no longer designated as National Statistics for more information
Office for National Statistics (ONS)
- Building and construction.
- New Orders.
- Construction Output tables.
- Turnover of construction service businesses. (Annual Business Survey)
- United Kingdom National Accounts, The Blue Book.
- Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.
- Labour market statistics.
Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- Local Authority Expenditure.
- Planning application statistics.
- Household interim projections (2011 to 2021) in England.
- HSE Injuries in Great Britain by Industry and severity of injury.
- Gardiner and Theobald: International construction cost survey.
- Glenigan Reports.
- Planning: Planning Consultancy Survey.
Featured articles and news
Balfour Beatty fined £500,000 for exposing workers to hand-arm vibration.
James Brokenshire launches a consultation on banning combustible cladding.
A year after Grenfell, we have a collection of 30 articles telling you everything you need to know.
ICE publish a policy paper on the UK’s future interconnectivity with the EU and the challenges for infrastructure.
Detailed guidance about construction waste management.
The changing identity of London communities in the face of rapid urbanisation.
Can you help? We have 300 industry acronyms beginning with 'C' but none beginning with 'Y'.
From the sinister Carceri d’Invenzione to the triple portrait of Sir Watkin Williams-Wynn and his Grand Tour travelling companions.
BSRIA launch the 5th edition of the Design Framework for Building Services (BG 6/2018).
Stella Rimmington famously said the construction industry was just as tricky as the KGB.
Construction site visitor cards are to be withdrawn.
3 WTC opens, RSHP’s first built project in New York.