- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
The Steel Piling Group is the industry body for those involved in the manufacture, supply, design and installation of steel foundationsInstitute / association
United KingdomWebsite Email
The group provides a forum for discussion and an outlet for dissemination of steel piling knowledge to the UK industry. The group’s objectives are to:
- promote the use of steel piling
- raise awareness of the benefits of steel piling
- assist with the development of codes and specifications
- identify, encourage and publish research to advance the use of steel piling systems
- provide a cross industry source of knowledge of design and construction aspects of steel piling
- promote sustainable use of steel piling by advancing best practices including: reuse, recycling, efficiencies and carbon reduction
Featured articles and news
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.