- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
The Steel Piling Group is the industry body for those involved in the manufacture, supply, design and installation of steel foundationsInstitute / association
United KingdomWebsite Email
The group provides a forum for discussion and an outlet for dissemination of steel piling knowledge to the UK industry. The group’s objectives are to:
- promote the use of steel piling
- raise awareness of the benefits of steel piling
- assist with the development of codes and specifications
- identify, encourage and publish research to advance the use of steel piling systems
- provide a cross industry source of knowledge of design and construction aspects of steel piling
- promote sustainable use of steel piling by advancing best practices including: reuse, recycling, efficiencies and carbon reduction
Featured articles and news
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.
Tech will drive professional development in fields tied to infrastructure.
The idea for the structure emerged from the architect's dream.
Changing air tightness requirements prompt testing and revisions.
Government takes steps to revise building safety legislation.
Product can be 'grown' into bricks or used as a self-healing building material.
Anticipating COVID-19's continuing construction disruptions.