- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
The Steel Piling Group is the industry body for those involved in the manufacture, supply, design and installation of steel foundationsInstitute / association
United KingdomWebsite Email
The group provides a forum for discussion and an outlet for dissemination of steel piling knowledge to the UK industry. The group’s objectives are to:
- promote the use of steel piling
- raise awareness of the benefits of steel piling
- assist with the development of codes and specifications
- identify, encourage and publish research to advance the use of steel piling systems
- provide a cross industry source of knowledge of design and construction aspects of steel piling
- promote sustainable use of steel piling by advancing best practices including: reuse, recycling, efficiencies and carbon reduction
Featured articles and news
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.